Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
In the Marine Software Development Center in Krakow, we are actively maintaining several complex digital products relying on the cloud, enabling the delivery of high-value customer digital services to vessel owners, operators, and charterers around the world, and further developing more, intended to support ours and customers’ digital transformation. See these two videos (https://bit.ly/2z6q600 , https://bit.ly/370Atiw) for a teaser on our Marine Advisory offering, and these two (https://bit.ly/370Au64 , https://bit.ly/3dwELjZ ) about our Smart Asset Management offering (called Remote Diagnostic System – RDS), which increasingly share provisioning, data warehouses, and cloud infrastructure.
To allow this work of consolidation to proceed, we are looking for a Marine Digital Services Chief Architect. Seize this unique opportunity and see your work contribute to the formation and execution of a digital transformation of ABB Marine & Ports, and of our customers’ parallel digital transformation journeys.
This position reports functionally to the VP Digital Services in Finland, and locally to the Technology Manager, Marine Software Development Center.
As a Chief Software Architect you will use your proven and excellent track-record in senior software development and cloud architecture to consolidate existing and open new data-flows, analytics pipelines, and provenance-equipped, schematized data warehouses and lakes. You will act as an expert, opinion-maker, and technical stakeholder in architecting solutions, interface management, schematizing, provisioning and dimensioning data-flows, pipe-lines and data repositories and cloud components in order to consolidate, clean up, resolve technical debt, and assure future-proof scalability of the existing infrastructure of ABB Marine & Ports digital services.
- Owning, understanding, maintaining, evangelizing, and documenting the existing digital services architecture
- Driving the process of gradual, DevOps change, improvement, and scaling of the existing architecture informed by a multi-criterion optimum between cost, performance, scale, availablity, and learning curve for the rest of the DevOps work-force, users, and customers
- Assuring ability (by owning and enforcing interface contracts) to seamlessly interface multiple data-flows provided by apps and services developed by different ABB Marine and Ports software development and DevOps teams, Service operation staff, the wider ABB organization and 3rd party ecosystems
- Working with customers, the product management team, digital services management and business development to record requirements, provide specification and architecture to capture, deliver, and continuously provide customer value in digital services with the focus on voyage and energy use advisory, analytics, smart asset mangement, and digital transformation projects
- Driving customer change of heart and inception of brand awareness of ABB Marine & Ports, by presenting, mentoring, and publishing your architecture ideas and the follow-up concepts, tests, and full-scale results of your and other Marine teams demonstrating possibilities of new cloud-based technologies for ensuring seamless and valuable SaaS delivery, in a variety of formats and forums (conferences, papers, industry publications, meetings with customers)
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development and software architecture
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Design, or related field
- Proven track record in working in, architecting solutions on top of, troubleshooting, and assuring fault-free and highly available operations of Azure-based clouds and environments
- In-depth familiarity with Design Patterns, rapid prototyping, and agile working methodologies, in particular Scrum
- Strong communication skills, ability to communicate, write reports and business correspondence in English efficiently
- A target-oriented way of working and a strong development drive with the ability to analyze issues, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Experience from the marine software industry and marine service business, especially services derived from or based on digital offering will be considered as a strong advantage
- Previous experience with remote cooperation with team members and product owners will be beneficial
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you continue to collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Your benefits :
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
• Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
ABB Data Privacy Statement: