Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
IS Network SME ensures, manages and optimizes the technical quality, maintainability, compliance and interfaces of services within the IS Network tower in the EME time zone area.
- Acts as SME authority for network infrastructure and related technologies
- Performs assigned activities in the service catalog management, change implementation management, release & deployment management, incident and major incident management, event management, service level management, problem management processes to ensure delivery of IS Services
- Collaborates with IS suppliers with regard to the operational implementation of outsourced activities consistent with existing agreements
- Conveys network architecture, standards, policies, norms, and guidelines to IS Supply
- Responsible for assessing and providing recommendations relating to trend analyses of incidents, working with the relevant IS Service Coordinators
- Day-to-day tasks associated with operating and maintaining networking infrastructure
- Characterizes and analyzes network traffic to identify issues and potential threats to network resources
- Engages on major outages, drives/manages these outage to a quicker resolution, after the resolution, proposes the follow-up action from the outage for long term resolution
- BSc degree with 5 + years of hands-on experience in network infrastructure operations on a large scale; additional team lead experience is a plus
- Requires understanding of cross-technology troubleshooting across the Open Systems Interconnections (OSI) model
- Proven experience of LAN/WAN/Security design & implementation experience; completing projects including planning, design and implementation
- Explain scenarios & have working knowledge to troubleshoot the functions of firewall (Packet Flow, Captures, NAT, Routing, ACLs)
- Understanding of network security, vulnerabilities, and countermeasures
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in WAN (QoS, routing e.g. EIGRP, OSPF, BGP4), LAN (switching e.g. STP, VTP), WLAN (wireless), WAN Optimization, firewalls (ASA, Checkpoint), AAA (ACS, ISE), network management and monitoring systems; strong hands-on experience on Cisco Network Hardware (firewalls, switches, routers)
- Good command of English, cultural awareness and the ability to work in a complex, multicultural and global team
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology.
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment.
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills.
• Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance.
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program.
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities.
Apply now for this job and become our next IS Network Subject Matter Expert.
ABB Data Privacy Statement: