Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
In the Marine Software Development Center (MSDC) in Krakow, we are actively maintaining and further building the portfolio of Marine Advisory software services, and the products and platforms that enable them. Our Octopus Motion product is a market leader in providing ships’ masters, captains, and pilots with advice on safe complex operations with highly capable vessels, such as heavy lift, windmill installations, crane operation, or dynamic positioning. Our Octopus Energy product is an exciting new advisory suite concentrating on summarizing, visualizing, and supporting decision-making on the total expense of propellant and operational energies making the ships of tomorrow ready for the world in which explicit care must be taken of the marine environment, yet the complexity and scale of marine operations are ever increasing.
As Junior Tester you will be contributing to the quality of both of these Marine Advisory software products, as well as of other new exciting projects in the Advisory portfolio through meticulous, documented, and thorough testing of the solutions, modules, and functions produced by the software development teams. You will work in an international environment consisting of colleagues in Krakow, Dalfsen (NL) and Helsinki (FI) with English as the everyday language of business and technical communication.
- Contributing in the quality assurance process for Marine Advisory software products, solutions and functions.
- Implementing thorough, documented tests of marine advisory software at unit, functional block, integration, and regression levels and workflows, having in mind both happy and unhappy flows.
- Helping senior members of the team push the QA process towards greater automation of testing
- Working in an international, multi-cultural team, with the software architect, software developers, as well as other testers and senior testers.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- At least 1 year of professional experience in manual and automated software testing is desirable (necessary for Regular grade)
- Further experience can substitute degree
- Testing certification like ISTQB or similar
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Familiarity with industrial fieldbus protocols like Modbus/TCP, OPC DA/AE/UA etc. will be considered as an advantage
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Your benefits :
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
• Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
ABB Data Privacy Statement: