Do you always see job ads with the statement that you will work in the best company ever? Let’s skip this part as this is obvious.
We can offer you something much better – the fact that you will see how your work influences the company and moves it forward. You will see that what you do really matters.
Bidroom.com is one of the most successful start-ups in the world (Best “Grown Startup” from HospitalityTechnology Forum 2019, Startup Of The Year 2018 by travmagazine, One of 100 hottest startups in Europe according to WIRED magazine). We are waiting for you to join our mission of changing the industry.
We don’t just hire people, we hire great individuals who will help to empower and grow our company. Are you one of them?
We are aggressively expanding our Engineering, QA, DevOps, Data Science, and Product Management departments, by implementing the most modern software engineering, analytics and product practices. We are looking for professionals willing to prove themselves not just in following processes and best practices but also able to collaboratively explore and define new solutions.
This role will be part of our engineering team which is transitioning our core systems to Cloud Native Microservices, Serverless, Streaming and Big Data architectures.
Members of this team will be working on challenging problems that need innovative, creative and scalable solutions, owning major deliverables across all aspects of software development by adopting Agile processes and DevOps best practices. They must be excited about technology, good design and keen to create exceptional customer experiences.
The successful candidate is a technology expert and servant leader who will:
- Foster a culture of product ownership, technical excellence, operational efficiency and strong team collaboration
- Identify and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
- Lead projects to success while supporting a continuous technical innovation culture
- Support team-members’ growth and career development
- Actively participate in the hiring process for software engineers
- 7-12 years of production software development experience, at least 3 of people management experience
- Expert in Agile methodologies such as SCRUM, project management and DevOps culture
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with the teams and with stakeholders
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles, testing, data structures and algorithms
- Experience in developing reliable Distributed Systems and web/mobile applications with REST/gRPC APIs
- Experienced in developing Cloud Native containerized applications
- Strong supporter of good OO design patterns and SOLID principles
- Experience and/or good understanding of web protocols, technologies, languages and reactive web frameworks
- Good knowledge of Unix/Linux operating system and shell scripting
- Good knowledge of a variety of Relational, NoSQL
- Self motivated and able to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- Proficient in English
What can you expect?
- A dynamic and innovative environment
- Flexible working hours
- The best atmosphere you will have ever worked in
- An international team of people who enjoy their work
- Salary…of course!
Working at Bidroom also comes with awesome perks on top of your salary:
- prime location (Krakow’s Main Square)
- every day lunches
- health care
- healthy snacks (smoothies, veggies, fruits on various days)