Since 1993, EPAM has leveraged its software engineering expertise to become a leading global product development, digital platform engineering, and top digital and product design agency. Through its ‘Engineering DNA’ and innovative strategy, consulting, and design capabilities, EPAM works in collaboration with its customers to deliver next-gen solutions that turn complex business challenges into real business outcomes. Today, with customers in over 25 countries, EPAM is considered one of Fortune’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies and has been on Forbes’ 25 Fastest Growing Public Tech Companies every year of publication since 2013. Currently we are looking for a Java Development Tech Leader for our Wroclaw office to make the team even stronger.
- Closely work with business in identifying project requirements.
- Establish project necessities and goals to “go-live” solution.
- Actively participate in the whole development process, from initial design up to launching the product.
- Be responsible for working with product managers, designers and engineers to design, develop and deliver features.
- Work within a team of developers and testers to complete proposed initiatives.
- Identify and eliminate bottlenecks.
- Follow and contribute to agile development processes.
- Enthusiast of the idea of learning new technologies and challenging your own and your Team knowledge boundaries.
- Experience in Leadership and willingness to be a Lead for up to 8 ppl Team, with prospects for growth.
- Proven record of participation in the whole development process, from initial design up to launching the product.
- Strong Excellent knowledge of Java Core
- Very good knowledge of Spring Framework (Core, Web MVC, Security, Data, Boot)
- Very good knowledge of Hibernate or JPA
- Knowledge of and experiences with REST based architecture
- NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra) and RDBMS/SQL knowledge, awareness of pros/cons of using both
- Good knowledge of testing techniques and frameworks (e.g. JUnit, mocking frameworks, TDD)
- Experience with development tools and SCM (e.g. Maven, Sonar, Git)
- Experience with continuous integration solutions (e.g. Bamboo, Jenkins)
- Comprehensive knowledge of design patterns, good OOP practices and Clean Code rules.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies, especially Scrum.
- Ability to guide team members operating in an Agile development methodology.
- Excellent communication skills, including team management and stakeholders management.
- Good command of English
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience in architecture design.
- Ability to directly communicate with customers during solution architecture design or solution implementation activities.
- Willingness to participate in customer’s workshops and presentation of the proposed solution.
- Maintain a strong understanding of industry trends and best practices.
- Possibility to be involved in an international project (Canada, China, Hong Kong, Mexico, USA, Switzerland, Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Hungary, etc.).
- Language classes (English and Polish).
- Vast opportunities for self-development: online courses and library, experience exchange with colleagues around the world, partial grant of certification.
- Career development center.
- Possibility to take part in both: corporate and startup environment.
- Possibility to relocate for short and long-term projects.
- Relocation package for those who relocate to Krakow, Wroclaw, or Gdansk from other locations.
- Benefits package (health care, multisport, lunch tickets, petrol vouchers and shopping vouchers, etc.).
- Fruits on a weekly basis.
- Sponsored sports activities, E-sport program.