Grand Parade, the part of William Hill company, is looking to hire Enterprise Operations Centre Analyst, 24/7 shifts.
Who we are and what do we do in Grand Parade?
Grand Parade is a strategic development centre of William Hill Group – a leading global betting company. Locally, we are a top Cracow-based software development hub specializing in building advanced systems for online sports betting and gaming. Our systems are highly reliable and resilient with low latency, much like the transactional systems of the best financial institutions. We process as many online Sportsbook bets per second on a typical Saturday as does Amazon UK on its busiest day of the year and we deliver complex systems in a highly-regulated environment, yet one that prides itself on customer interaction and innovation.
What challenges we are facing every day?
- Complex real- time web apps
- Interactive dashboards and scoreboards supporting thousands of requests per second
- Real-time data processing
- More than 20 million users daily
- Gigabytes of data per day
- Working closely with Business colleagues to ensure network and security controls are implemented with minimal impact to working practices
- Raising incident tickets and following-up with internal and external customers, owning issues until closure or escalation
- Identifying and reporting on unauthorized/malicious access attempts to corporate assets through the use of log analysis and alerting tools
- Following prescribed processes, the 24/7 monitoring, detection, assessment, classification and escalation of both Service and Security related issues
- Detecting and investigating anomalous activity
- Ensuring network and security incidents are promptly addressed in accordance with the incident response procedures
- Performing basic systems testing and operational tasks (installation of patches, network connectivity testing, script execution, etc.)
- Proactively gathering information on current threats and vulnerabilities and identifying controls or technologies to mitigate risks
- Providing feedback to the Security Lead to tune security alerts and to improve the effectiveness of NOC/SOC run books
- Producing reports and management information as required
What do we expect?
- Experience of working in a similar role is preferred but not necessary
- Very good English skills (both written and spoken)
- Knowledge of IT and information security subject matter
- Understanding of Network Services Protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, HTTP, FTP, SMTP, etc.)
- Understanding of networking concepts and components (DNS, DHCP, NAT, firewall, switches, routers, etc.)
- Understanding of risk management methodologies
- Being able to work in shifts (24/7 system)
- Very good communication and analytical thinking skills
- Experience in visualizations and charts
- Experience in working in either NOC/SOC structure
- Basic programming skills (Python, Bash, Perl)
What do we offer?
We offer competitive salary and opportunity to work with amazing people (without bored managers who prefer 10-years old solutions), Lunch & Learn, internal training sessions and interesting events organized by employees (e.g. internal GP football league, FIFA, board games).
Basically it looks like that:
- Stable employment
- Attractive social benefits (Fully paid private healthcare Enel-Med and Multisport pass, daily fruits)
- Flexible working hours
- Lots of integration events & company parties
- Competitive salary
- Company competitions with cool prizes
- Brand new office in the city center (+1000m2)
- Business trips to our headquarter in London
- Employee referral program (up to 5000 PLN)