Do you want to work on cutting edge projects focused on online sports betting?? Would you like to work with some of the best Developers, QAs, DevOps Engineers and Project Managers in Krakow?
Your role in the team
As a Senior Cloud and System Engineer based in Krakow, you will work with and support the leadership of a talented team of AWS Cloud Engineers, whilst taking a hands-on approach yourself. With a high level of autonomy, you’ll work closely with Cloud Engineers, Architects and Product Owners across our globally dispersed teams, to make technical, tooling and design decisions and implement solutions.
You’ll collaborate with other members of the Platform team and the broader engineering teams across our business to deliver a shared Platform vision. Your role will be to prioritise the needs of the Platform team, considering the business teams requirements, while achieving the Sportsbook mission and technical vision.
Using your leadership skills, you will coach and motivate the team to work together and bring out individual strengths. Using an agile approach, you’ll put in place sound team structures and communicate effectively. You’ll play an active part in hiring, onboarding and growing the team to increase our capacity to take on bigger challenges.
You’ll be a hands-on DevOps engineer and will use your knowledge and experience to share best practice. You’ll play a leading role in technical design, as well as project delivery and will support the team to maintain quality of delivery and service.
You’ll forge strong relationships with William Hill Technology, business colleagues and key stakeholders. Aligning, communicating and planning infrastructure initiatives in partnership with senior management, peers and Project Management, you’ll work effectively as part of a highly technical and talented William Hill Delivery Team.
The team operate an on call rota and the Senior Cloud and System Engineer will be a part of the resource required to support out of hours.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the leadership of the wider team with a focus on delivery, team morale and effective resourcing of work and projects
- Close management of stakeholders across dispersed business areas – translating non-technical and technical requirements to appropriate audiences
- Uphold software engineering standards & best practices
- Design, implementation & documentation of solutions, collaborating with engineers and architects
- Planning & pre-planning sessions with PO, Architects etc
- Driving improvements in KPI’s (code quality, defects, performance, security, resiliency)
- Responsible for the integrity of the software, ensuring technical debt is managed effectively (avoid creating it & remove it whenever there’s opportunity)
- Taking responsibility for the product and your contributions to it. Reviewing code and providing constructive feedback
- Responsible for CI/CD pipelines
- Organising & executing releases
- Engagement in recruitment activities when required
- A strong developer and an experienced leader of people – a role model for the team with the ability to work with remote and dispersed teams across an organisation
- Extensive hands-on experience with cloud providers and scalable infrastructure, an in particular with AWS (EKS, ALB, NLB, Lambda,…) and a passion for working with and learning new technologies and architectures
- Clear understanding of software development lifecycle, including proficiency of Agile delivery principles and practices such as Scrum or Kanban
- Highly proficient on Kubernetes
- 5+ years of professional development experience in platform team, delivering infrastructure as code (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc), in highly automated and scalable infrastructure with low latency and high availability
- Experience in automated software testing through unit/functional/integration test suites as well as testing infrastructure as code
- Understanding of cloud paradigms (IaaS, CaaS, PaaS, microservice architectures, CI/CD)
- Highly proficient with CI/CD infrastructure and pipelines
- Experience in DevOps, production support and production system in an enterprise
- Production experience with deployment and administration of containerised services
- Excellent scripting skills, experience with configuration management systems
- Knowledge of high availability scenarios
- Creative approach to problem solving, able to keep solutions as simple as possible
- Analytical approach and mindset with critical attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills and a strong drive to complete tasks and projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to interact and build collaborative relationships with stakeholders, able to translate technical information to non-technical colleagues
- Flexible approach and not afraid to propose and implement change
- Able to provide rotational on call support.
- Certifications in AWS and Kubernetes.
What we offer
- Development opportunities (internal training, individual development budget)
- Mac OS or Windows hardware to choose from
- Working with a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward thinking managers.
- Competitive base salary and benefits, with fully paid private healthcare (Enel-Med), fully paid Multisport pass, employee referral program, and an extra day off for your birthday.
- Meetups, quality questions events, hackathons, we love any chance to share knowledge and have fun.
- Family fun days, charity events (ask us about our scooter racing), company parties and social activities.
- Flexible working practices
- Excellent city centre location for when you are in the office, with a tram stop right outside the office, and free parking spaces cars, motorcycles and bikes.
- Relocation costs support for rent and travel, and VISA support. Colleagues from all round the world including Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Estonia, Brazil, Romania, Ireland, Israel, India, Portugal, United Kingdom, and Libya.
William Hill in Krakow
Our office sits on Kotlarska and our brilliant building has a range of different workspaces, hangouts and breakout areas to suit your every need. Situated in the centre of Krakow next to Vistula river – we’re in the heart of one of the world’s most iconic cities.There are parks everywhere, you can enjoy a walk along Planty, or go to Kościuszko Mound to admire the city from above. With plenty of culture on your doorstep, you’ll be spoilt for choice. In fact, why not have a sneak peek around our office with Street View and see if you can picture yourself here.
Join us #behindthebet