Billions of dollars worth of trading volume are transacted through OANDA’s platforms every day.
Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge. In 2001 we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets.
We’re looking for a software engineer with experience of building cloud based microservices that enable consumer apps to come to life. You’ll be joining a small engineering team tasked with developing the next generation OANDA trading platform, supporting our clients to trade the financial markets with confidence and convenience.
- Design and develop scalable cloud based microservices for different business scenarios
- Ensure high product quality through code reviews and automated tests to increase confidence in releases
- Be responsible for monitoring and maintaining the health of our apps running in production (bugs, crashes, performance, etc)
- Transition legacy on-prem services to the cloud
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years experience developing Java applications
- Experience with microservice architecture
- Strong knowledge of one of the following frameworks: Spring, Vert.x or Micronaut
- Experience integrating RESTful clients
- Understanding of cloud technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes and Helm
- Solid foundation in computer science
- Understanding of resilient, highly-available applications
- Experience working in an international team
- Automated testing techniques for performance and integration tests (Nice to have)
- Experience with messaging systems such as Kafka (Nice to have)
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.