168. Wrocław Jug [Online] - Cause of Death: Hibernate - Thorben Janssen
This Event will be broadcast to Youtube.
Cause of Death: Hibernate
For years Hibernate has been optimized to store data and load of entire object graphs from the database. So you should assume that most persistence problems could be avoided by using Hibernate alone.
But it’s surprisingly easy to harm your project with ... or should I better say "thanks to Hibernate" ...
From practical experience I show in this talk how to:
- delete most of your data with just one annotation,
- implement the persistence logic in such a way that nobody will understand it,
- reliably prevent the use of the entities in client applications and
- bring the database to its knees with thousands of queries.
If you've ever wanted to cause a project to fail with the help of Java's most popular ORMapper, you shouldn't miss this talk!
Speaker: Thorben Janssen
Thorben is an independent consultant, international speaker, and trainer specialized in solving Java persistence problems with JPA and Hibernate. He is also the author of Amazon’s bestselling book Hibernate Tips - More than 70 solutions to common Hibernate problems. Thorben has been working with Java and Java EE for almost 20 years and was a member of the CDI 2.0 expert group (JSR 365).
He writes about JPA, Hibernate, and other persistence-related topics on his blog www.thorben-janssen.com.