Global IS Software Asset Manager
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.The role of Global IS Software Asset Manager is to optimize specific Software Asset usage, minimize cost and ensure software license compliance by leading implementation of policies, processes, and optimization initiatives for designated Software Publisher. The Global IS Software Asset Manager has an excellent technical understanding of assigned software publisher portfolio and alternatives, to recommend to the Business Areas selection and use of the correct software. Currently we are looking for two candidates with experience in either Microsoft or VMware and Citrix.
This position reports to:Global IS Department Manager for Asset and Finance Management
- Ensure implementation of the global and local license management requirements to establish license compliance for the assigned software product(s).
- Plan and consolidate consumption quantities or software demands and provide a validated demand forecast to Sourcing.
- Manage internal and external audits, taking over their technical control (incl. compliance responsibility) within assigned product suites.
- Translate optimization opportunities identified into an action roadmap (MAP or Management Action Plan), both for platform and assigned product portfolio, across various IS functions and drive the execution.
- Validate technical, inventory and contract data coming from GVM, Sourcing, Service Owners and deliver to SAM including remediation for completeness and data accuracy.
- Assure product availability and ease of request and distribution.
- Ensure contract-compliant use of software product.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field, or equivalent.
- Work experience with 10 years working experience in IT area.
- Above 5 years of relevant experience needed in Software Asset and License Management.
- Proven experience leading global projects/ services within challenging and complex environments combined with ability to work effectively across multiple groups and stakeholders.
- Extensive knowledge of software license/ contract conditions and terms and software compliance monitoring and auditing.
- Technical understanding of specific Software products (as well as alternative products) up to date.
- Profound experience in leading IS people who do not report directly.
More about us:We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Your benefits: • Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology. • Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment. • Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills. • Private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance. • Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program. • Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities. Apply now for this job and become our next Global IS Software Asset Manager. ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate
Publication ID: PL80800862_E1