Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be in the front line of creating electronics, connectivity solutions and related services which empower human-machine interactions. There are already tens of thousands of ABB Ability™ Smart Sensors connected to different types of assets, and the number is growing. Our digitalized powertrains provide reliable data which is utilized in advanced algorithms applications. You will be part of motion hardware designing community working in an international environment, delivering cutting-edge solutions.
This is how we do things:
- We leverage hardware development, mechanic design, user experience, signal processing and domain knowledge to find the most suitable solution for condition monitoring of rotating equipment like induction motors.
- We design, develop and test solutions which are further used by our clients around the world • We believe in agile (yes, even for hardware!) and start-up like approach
- We work on R&D projects hand in hand with our technological partners and research institutes Learn more about ABB Ability™ Smart Sensor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aeu4dSnyY1M Learn more about ABB Motion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF4rNr4s99k
This position reports to
Digital R＆D Manager Hardware ＆ Firmware
- Define test plans to investigate and solve critical product issues
- Verify the compliance of a product according to a specific standard. Define the details, test sequences, testing methods and procedures, and equipment and instrumentation to be used, with reference to the applicable standards
- Perform tests on all types of products on all stages of production in different testing departments
- Ensure that prototypes are correctly assembled, tests are correctly performed and that activities are thoroughly reported for internal and external use
- Work in a global team, share knowledge and experience with other team members, cooperate with 3rd parties, cooperate with local Universities
- A Master’s degree in Electronic, Computer or Automation engineering
- 3+ years of testing and test automation experience
- Experience with Pytest/Robot framework; familiarity with Azure/Jenkins pipelines and automation job creations and report generation
- Knowledge about scripting language (Python), knowledge in communication protocol (TCP/IP, Modbus, Profibus) and in PLC programming is a plus
- Effective at working independently and in a team setting, teamwork attitude, good communication skills, but also able to work across multinational teams
- Able to lead others to implement the developed testing solutions
- Additional advantage is knowledge about the use of laboratory instruments (oscilloscope, multimeter, functions generator etc..)
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. #LI-Hybrid
- Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology.
- Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment.
- Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills.
- Private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance.
- Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program.
- Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities.