Sabre Corporation is a leading technology provider to the global travel and tourism industry. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, USA, Sabre operates offices in approximately 60 countries around the world. At Sabre, we make travel happen. Positioned at the center of the business of travel, our platform connects people with experiences that matter in their lives. Today, Sabre is creating a new marketplace for personalized travel. It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs or our airline, hotel and travel agency customers. Join our journey!
We are looking for talented Principal Software SRE Engineer to work on a Sabre strategic program building out next generation of retail travel marketplace.
Sabre Technology Engineering & Operations is looking for a talented Site Reliability Engineer (SRE). At Sabre, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. Our site reliability engineers (SREs) strive to adopt the 5 pillars of SRE. We're searching for a new team member with fresh ideas, a unique viewpoint and interest in engineering the best possible solutions for our customers.
This role combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems.
Candidate’s ownership will be visible by developing new features to eliminate “toil”, taking the initiative to automate our processes and support our clients, and maintaining and improving system reliability while establishing and maintaining best practices within our Google cloud environment infrastructure
As a member of SRE team, you will have the opportunity to work with GCP cloud services building out covering all aspects of governance, security, logging, monitoring, alerting while working side-by-side with the Product Development teams.
• Evaluate cloud services and architecture to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
• Own and manage the production infrastructure, monitoring and making improvements in the GCP environment
• Participate and consult in system and architecture design and capacity planning,
• Own application systems and work with development teams on performance/security improvements
• Troubleshoot, diagnose, and take corrective actions to improve stability and performance of systems running on production environment
• Collaborate and orchestrate a variety of development and deployment teams, Automate infrastructure creation using Terraform.
• Strong attitude towards teamwork, knowledge sharing and documentation
What's in it for you?
• Opportunity to actively shape a large, evolving full suite of travel products in fully native cloud environment
• Access to Google cloud engineering certifications, working in collaboration with the Google GCP team
• Flexible working environment
• Work in multi-cultural, global environment
• Opportunity to do something that has high impact and game changing in our industry
• Be part of one of the world’s largest Travel and Hospitality technology company
Must Have Skills:
• 6-8 years DevOps experience supporting open system applications
• Scripting skills and experience (Python/Shell/Perl/Bash)
• Good working knowledge of cloud services (e.g. GCP/AWS/Azure)
• Good working knowledge of automation tools (e.g. Ansible/Jenkins)
• Experience designing and operating cloud-based CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, Armada)
• Experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Java - backend (SOAP, JSON, REST)
• Knowledge of cloud technologies (GCP, Kubernetes, OpenShift)
• An individual with a deep passion for innovation and performance, to work in the DevOps/SRE team
Nice To Have Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• Solid hands-on experience with framework development and ability to achieve end-to-end automation of workflows.
• Complex, high-availability systems, Capacity Planning
• General experience with distributed architecture and/or high availability systems