Sabre Corporation is a leading technology provider to the global travel and tourism industry. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, USA, Sabre operates offices in approximately 60 countries around the world. At Sabre, we make travel happen. Positioned at the center of the business of travel, our platform connects people with experiences that matter in their lives. Today, Sabre is creating a new marketplace for personalized travel. It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs or our airline, hotel and travel agency customers. Join our journey!
As part of a EMEA Accounting shared service organisation you will report to the Sabre EMEA Accounting Manager (based in Poland, Krakow) and will work closely with other members of the Accounting team, FP&A, Legal, Management and Tax based in Europe as well as Global Accounting located in Dallas (US).
You will be supported by junior accountants based in Krakow.
The successful candidate will carry out tasks in 4 key areas:
• Coordinate and deliver statutory audits and preparation of Financial Statements for number of EMEA entities
• Coordinate and work with local external accounting and Audit partners to ensure timely and accurate preparation and filing of financial statements
• Ensure compliance with local GAAP and minimizing differences with US GAAP
• Ensure accurate financial statement presentation as well as the appropriate disclosure in line with accounting requirements.
• Provide analysis and clarity on statutory adjustments and improve processes to minimize differences with US GAAP
• Provide guidance to junior accountants on statutory requirements
Month end close:
• Deliver month end close numbers under US GAAP and Local GAAP
• Provide monthly variance analysis
• Provide quarterly profitability analyses for respective entities in line with Transfer Price Agreement
• Manage Intercompany invoices, I/C reconciliations and settlements
• Review Balance sheet Account Reconciliations in line with Sabre Policy
• Coordinate preparation and submission of VAT returns
• Support calculations of Corporation tax and coordinate settlements of tax liabilities
• Work with other Sabre groups including Tax, Treasury, Legal and FP&A
• Ensure entities’ compliance with local regulations ( local reporting)
• Support Tax audits and Inspections
• Support SOX and US GAAP audits
• Adhere to SOX and Internal Controls requirements
• Adhere to all Sabre Policies
Adhoc tasks and projects:
• Acquisition/Integration work
• Coordination/ delivery of EMEA projects
• Support Global projects
• Tool and process enhancement
• Support team development
• Support changes to Transfer Price Agreements
• Fluent English
• SAP knowledge
• Fundamental knowledge and experience of IFRS (US GAAP advantageous)
• Recognised Accounting Qualification
• Team player
• Excellent Communication skills
• Excel to intermediate standard
• Performs work conscientiously and diligently
• Teamwork and collaboration
• Ownership of results
Flexible work arrangement
- Work From Anywhere: profit from working in a hybrid mode.
- Flexible working hours: maintain your work-life balance by adjusting your working hours to your needs.
Paid time off
- Floating Holidays: use additional up to 2 days of paid time- off benefit
- Paid parental leave: if you are a father, take up to 10 additional weeks off with pay after birth or adoption of a child. For mothers, we have maternity leave paid 100% for 12 more weeks.
- Paid volunteer time: take up to 4 days annually to give your time to a charitable organization of your choice.
- My Benefit platform/Multisport card: enjoy the benefit cafeteria system and use popular sport card
- Tax deduction: take the opportunity to claim deductible costs, reducing your income tax
- Employee Capital Plans: profit from long-term saving scheme co-financed by Sabre and the State Treasury
- Baby Bonus: benefit from one-time allowance on childbirth or adoption
- Say Thanks program: collect points on recognition program and transfer them to wide variety of gifts and services
Health and wellness
- Luxmed VIP medical coverage: take care of yourself and your family with the extensive medical package with a broad range of additional services
- Foreign travel insurance: feel safe going abroad with free, Allianz insurance offered as part of our Lux Med package.
- Employee Assistance Program: find help in free, confidential program with a certified counselor.
- Mindfulness & meditation apps: take care of your mental and physical health with free access to Headspace, Burn Along, Sanvello which will help you manage stress, exercise, sleep and more.
- Life insurance: sign up for free, high coverage life insurance program.
- English & Polish lessons: improve your language skills during lessons led by native speakers
- Professional development: enjoy access to LinkedIn Learning as well as join Sabre live learning sessions.
- GCP learning and certification: learn and get certified during instructor-led training, online learning with Coursera, and test sandbox environments with QwikLabs
- Certification and tuition reimbursement
- Our Communities: join on of ours team member groups focused on sharing knowledge and best practices (Google Developers Group, Innovation Lab Community, Woman in Technology, SOLVE!T and many more)
- Car and bike parking including electric scooter charging station: use them free of charge.
- Fun & Relax zone in modern office: enjoy electronic tables to work, foosball, ping pong, pool table, swings, massage chairs and terraces to admire a panoramic view of Kraków. We have parents’ rooms as well.
- No dress code
- Innovation Lab: access Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality equipment, Robot construction kit, 3D printers and many more
- Attractive Referral Bonus: earn $2500 USD for every hired referral.
We will give careful consideration to your application and review your details against the position criteria. You will receive separate notification as your application progresses.
Please note that only candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role will proceed in the selection process. Join our life community at Sabre by following us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.