We are looking for a ABB Ability Cloud DevOps Engineer to join our ABB Ability team in Cracow, Poland. In this role you will be responsible for writing software for a wide range of platform technologies. In brief, you get to write the future of industrial software systems. We operate like a small start-up while simultaneously enjoying the benefits of being part of one of the largest industrial technology companies and having access to its resources, expertise and global reach. Our team is multicultural, networked, agile and we favour straight, transparent communication over corporate politics. Rather than specializing in one part of the entirety you get to master multiple areas of the Ability™ cloud automation platform, based on your competency and interests. If this sounds like your thing, take a look at a more detailed description below!
As a Cloud DevOps Engineer you would be responsible for a variety of things such as:
- Building, installation, configuration, administration of Azure Cloud with Infrastructure as Code approach
- Integration, supervision of pipelines on premises and in the cloud
- Tests and deployment automation
- Coding and scripting
- Experience in Microsoft Azure technology or any other cloud solution
- Understanding of end-to-end security in cloud applications and platforms;
- Excellent understanding and practical skills in scripting languages (i.e. PowerShell, bash)
- Familiarity with at least one of the object-oriented programming language
- Knowledge of Visual Studio Team Services, TFS and strong grasp of automation tools
- Experience with systems and IT operations, knowledge of DevOps methodology
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Collect valuable professional experiences while working in an innovative, inspiring and collaborative environment (IoT, Cloud, IaC)
- Inspiring, cross-functional and international working environment
- Transparent, low hierarchy and networked organization
- The opportunity for personal and professional development
- Possibility of remote work
Please note that this position is also available in Finland and India. For the same position in Finland or India, please go to www.abb.com/careers and search by job title.
To apply for the position, please send your application via our page. We reserve the right to answer only to the chosen tender.
We kindly ask you to include in the Curriculum Vitae the following passage: “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29 August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees.