We are an international pioneering technology leader that is writing the future of industrial digitalization. At the forefront is our Software Development Center which provides industry leading software and deep domain expertise to help the world’s most asset-intensive industries solve their biggest challenges. To strengthen our condition monitoring team for marine electric equipment, we are looking for Condition Monitoring IT Operational Engineer with a knowledge across several disciplines e.g. from tools to automate testing and deployment, through basic scripting and programming to maintenance of IT infrastructure for data analytics from edge to cloud. Seize this unique opportunity and see your work transformed in a tangible product.
You will hold a central position in owning and maintaining digital solutions for condition monitoring and analytics of marine electric system. On one side, you will be cooperating with R&D and diagnostic team to acquire analytics solutions and understand them on deployment and operational level, on the other side you will work closely with software development and IT maintenance team to manage and execute performance and functional tests. You can expect working in international environment and having opportunity to manage, deploy and maintain digital solutions across entire deployment stack e.g. from the sensor, programmable controllers, edge devices and software up to cloud storage, analysis and visualization.
In this role you will be responsible for:
• Ownership and maintenance of data analytics solutions both on premise and in the cloud
• Designing, managing and executing functional and performance tests for analytics package releases
• Supporting and performing on premise and in the cloud deployment for delivery projects
• Actively proposing and implementing improvements in analytics package
• Monitoring performance and data consistency on production systems deployed for delivery projects
• Cooperate with operational, analytics and development teams
• Product-related documentation maintenance
• Solid, multidisciplinary IT knowledge: Windows XP/7/10, XML, PowerShell, SQL, PowerBI, Microsoft Azure Basic
• Proven knowledge of designing and developing tools for automated tests, deployment and root-cause analysis for production errors
• Basic programming skills (C#, SQL, PLC)
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Knowledge of data processing tools and algorithms would be a plus
• Good communication and collaboration skills
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
• Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
Apply now for this job and become Condition Monitoring Operational Engineer.
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
“I also consent to processing of my personal data for the purposes of any future recruitment processes”
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com