Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are an international pioneering technology leader that is writing the future of industrial digitalization. At the forefront is our Software Development Center which provides industry leading software and deep domain expertise to help the world’s most asset-intensive industries solve their biggest challenges.
To strengthen our Substation Automation team, we are looking for a Configuration Management Engineer who is willing to work in big international environment with special focus on Continuous Delivery Toolchain and automation. Seize this unique opportunity and see your work transformed in a tangible product.
– Plan, develop, maintain and document the Configuration Management System (CMS) for product and systems
– Develop and maintain a strategic Configuration Management Plan
– Establish, drive and continuously monitor the quality and coverage of the CMS within the organization working with the product/system-of-interest, by education, support and audit
– Plan configuration activities and schedule in accordance with organization’s scope and budget
– Lead the organization to identify all configuration items and elements, and assure proper version control is applied for them using the approved tools and procedures
– Assure proper Change Control is established and used within the organization working with the product and systems
– Perform adequate status accounting and communicate the status to related stakeholders
– Plan and conduct configuration audits
– Assure the organizations compliance to Global and local Document Management policies
– Actively drive a CM network and share best practices
– Assure CM Plan approval by product/system-of-interest line organization’s CCB
– Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of the Change Management process that describes how to handle issues found during test & verification and also Change Requests
– Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of the Release Management process that describes how to handle releases from requirements (Requirements baseline) to production (Final release baseline)
– Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of document templates e.g. Document Plan, Baseline Specification, and Change Control Board Minutes of Meeting
– Mandate to drive the organization’s compliance to Configuration Management, Change Control policies
– Mandate to define the Baseline strategy and policies within the organization working with the product/system-of-interest according to the boundaries set by the CM process
– Request resources needed for configuration activities from the line organization
– Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
– 5+ years of experience with Configuration Management that involves: Release Management; Product & document handling; Version handling procedure and tools; Change Management procedure and tools; Configuration control
– Software and Hardware development: Software builds; Understanding of HW development and production; Integration and/or testing of (embedded) real-time systems; Good understanding of the architecture; Knowledge in Business Analysis methods.
– Leadership skills
– Experience from Project Management, Product Development and Process Development
– Excellent communication and technical writing skills in English to explain and document your ideas and plans for different audiences. Experience in working in a globally distributed team is a plus
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
• Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
Apply now for this job and become our next Senior Configuration Management Engineer.
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
“I also consent to processing of my personal data for the purposes of any future recruitment processes”.