Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are an international pioneering technology leader that is writing the future of industrial digitalization. At the forefront is our PG Technology Center which provides industry leading software and deep domain expertise to help the world’s most asset-intensive industries solve their biggest challenges. To strengthen our Polish Operation Center team, we are looking for a person with excellent engineering skills and can-do culture. Seize this unique opportunity and see your work transformed in a tangible product.
- Import and export customer data according to database documentation, product data standards and procedures
- Provide technical and/or business assistance to identify, evaluate and develop customer data models
- Develop, coordinate and implement plans to test business and functional processes during system development and quality assurance testing
- Monitor, document and assist in post-implementation problems solving and providing solutions
- Create description of steps taken to modify system and procedures required to implement new software
- Create or assist others in the writing of user documentation, instructions and procedures
- Cooperate with other teams in different business units and locations – international travel required (up to 15%)
- Knowledge of database (Oracle, PostgreSQL) and database management tools (SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Developer)
- Data modelling and validation skills
- Understanding of operating systems (Windows and Linux)
- Experience with SCADA systems and programming
- Ability to work independently and within the framework of a team
- Fluent English
- Knowledge of electrical power engineering would be an advantage
More about us
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
• Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
Apply now for this job and become our next Data Engineer.
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
“I also consent to processing of my personal data for the purposes of any future recruitment processes”.