Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are an international pioneering technology leader that is writing the future of industrial digitalization. At the forefront is our Software Development Center which provides industry leading software and deep domain expertise to help the world’s most asset-intensive industries solve their biggest challenges. To strengthen our Substation Automation team, we are looking for an embedded C++ developer willing to grow in an international environment who is especially interested in developing large scale real time embedded systems. Reporting to Tomasz Marecki, you will use your knowledge and skills in product development to identify and implement innovative solution.
We build mission-critical automation systems delivering future-proof solutions for managing power generation, transmission and distribution systems with build in quality and cyber security aspects.
– Participate in C++ applications and services development
– Follow determined programming standards for software products
– Develop domain technical knowledge and participate in project planning, execution and R&D activities
– Assist the QA team with new product releases and bug fixes for products
– Collaborate with other ABB R&D sites and teams contributing to the program to ensure that efforts are coordinated
– Build, deploy, configure, maintain and test system on the real equipment
– 2+ years of professional experience in software development. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
– Knowledge in C/C++ including object-oriented analysis, design, programming and key infrastructure technologies and databases
– Experience in real-time operating systems (LinuxRT, VxWorks) and embedded software development including system deployment and configuration
– Knowledge in Cyber Security (encryption, certificate handling, user authentication, system hardening) is a plus
– Knowledge in standard remote control protocols (IEC 60870-5-101/104, DNP3, IEC61850, MODBUS) is a plus
– Strong written and oral communication skills – ability to communicate, write reports and business correspondence in English efficiently
– A target-oriented way of working and a strong development drive with the ability to analyze issues, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
• Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
Apply now for this job and become our next embedded C++ developer.
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).”
“I also consent to processing of my personal data for the purposes of any future recruitment processes”.