Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB is pioneering technology leader in motor and drives which are an integral part of everyone’s lives. Our drives offering is the most comprehensive, unmatched by anyone else in the drives industry.
Currently we are looking for a Embedded Software Engineer within Control Software Engineering area to help us maintaining #1 position as global drives player. As a member of Research and Development (R&D) for System Drives team based in Krakow you will be responsible for the design, implementation and validation of control systems for high power drives and most demanding applications worldwide. To succeed in our mission you will need to have deep understanding of Control Theory and potentially Power Electronics / Electrical Drives Technology.
We guarantee challenging and rewarding work environment in global R&D team full of truly dedicated scientist, engineers and developers.
– Requirements analysis and preparation of conceptual solutions for Power Electronics and Drives control systems
– Control software development for electric drive based application
– Simulations of drive based systems, including Hardware in the Loop and emulators
– Preparation of software packages and technical documentation
– Analysis of field cases and finding solution
– Cooperation with different local/global engineering teams
– BSc, MSc degree (PhD is a plus) in Automation, Control Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
– Preferably at least 2 years of experience in using C/C++
– Experience with programming embedded systems
– Knowledge of electrical circuit modelling and control theory
– Fluency in written and spoken English
– Knowledge of Control in Power Electronics and Drives is a plus
– Hands-on experience with Git, Jenkins, Klocwork will be strong asset
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology.
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment.
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills.
• Private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance.
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program.
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities.