Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
We are an international pioneering technology leader that is writing the future of industrial digitalization. At the forefront is our Corporate Technology Center which provides industry leading software and deep domain expertise to help the world’s most asset-intensive industries solve their biggest challenges. Working with Motions, you will be in the front line of creating data analytics related services which empower human-machine interactions. There are already tens of thousands of ABB Ability™ Smart Sensors connected to different types of assets, and the number is growing. Our digitalized powertrains provide reliable data which is utilized in advanced algorithms applications. You will be part of motion analytics community working in an international environment, delivering cutting-edge solutions.
- Actively participate in new product development efforts from requirements to concepts, design, prototyping in-house test, field test and release to manufacturing
- Lead complex designs involving Systems-on-Chip (SoC), FPGAs and high-speed communication
- Develop & test firmware in embedded environments
- Conduct product troubleshooting in the lab and in the field
- Effectively work with cross-functional teams including physics, Control algorithms design, software and system engineering
- Lead relevant design and development tasks; provide technical leadership; coordinate with other resources and create high quality products within the defined schedules and budgets
- Occasional international travel to our R&D center, production sites and customers
- Master degree or bachelor in Electronics, Electrical Engineering or Physics with at least 1 year of experience as an FPGA and/or Electronics Engineer designing digital circuitry
- Strong digital circuit design background that includes: FPGAs, soft-core microprocessors, high-speed communication interfaces, system level simulations, and experience with building blocks for modular systems - experience with VHDL or Verilog with willingness to switch to VHDL
- Additional advantage would be design skills and knowledge of tools for schematic capture, board layout and simulation, experience dealing with PCBA manufacturers, experience with product structures for manufacturing (BOMs, Specs etc.) and knowledge of converter control theory or power electronics
- Self-motivated, independent, and comfortable working in a team environment, strong problem analysis and solving skills
- Strong desire to learn and share the knowledge
- Good English written and verbal communication skills
- A positive and flexible attitude
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology.
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment.
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills.
• Private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance.
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program.
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities.