Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences...
We are in an interesting moment of creating a new software team in Kraków that will develop new solutions and service applications for installed base management, assessment of substations, maintenance planning and recommended actions, user account management and safety applications. As a Front-end Developer you will develop web applications for the future Service Applications based on ABB Ability EL common platform. You will execute assigned design and development activities focused on building solutions efficiently, cost-effectively, and in accordance with quality standards. We build a product, not run a project. The role is an interesting mix of Front-end Developer and UX Designer role. You will work on complex tasks, you will be responsible for front-end development of web applications and for UX design. You will independently conduct persona research, define user experience and tests mock-ups & prototypes iterating towards best-in-class user experience.
- Design and develop front-end of web-based applications
- Independently conduct user research to identify different user personas and their corresponding behavior, goals, motivations, and needs
- UX lifecycle covering all aspects of analyze, design, prototype and evaluate in an iterative manner with ability to judge exit criteria
- Identify and set UI / UX design patterns to organize matter for usability improvement, minimal interactions for navigation, simplification of data entry and minimizing errors and enhance the user experience
- Participate in the whole software development lifecycle from analysis, design, implementation, testing to delivery, following best DevOps practices
- Collaborate with internal and external partners contributing to design of applications (e.g. for handheld devices and Hololens), Agile development methodology
- We work in a hybrid model, we meet at the office once a week
- University degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of professional experience in development of web applications using Angular, TypeScript , React, HTML5, REST API
- Experience with FIGMA/ Adobe or similar mock-up tool
- Knowledge on main authentication protocol (OpenID connect, SAML)
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in English
- Knowledge of Azure Cloud Services Xcode, PhoneGap, Xamarin or similar and experience in design of applications for mobile/smart devices (Android, iOS, Windows) will be a plus
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology.
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment.
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills.
• Private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance.
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program.
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities.