Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
If you are looking for big, global challenges, Information Systems (IS) is the place to be. ABB’s portfolio includes some of the most advanced power and productivity products and systems in the world. If you have the energy, discipline and intellectual firepower to succeed, you will find almost limitless opportunities to stretch your thinking, expand your horizons and build your skills as you work with people all over the world. ABB Information Systems (IS) delivery team for Finance domain is looking for IS Lead DevOps Engineer for IS Finance to join the team supporting key global financial systems for ABB group consolidation, management reporting and planning. You will be working together with a team of IT professionals, cooperating with customers from over 100 countries around the globe and contributing to maintenance of IT Services delivered to Finance organization of ABB.
This position reports to
IS Service Owner
- Leads a specialists team that ensures systems maintenance and stability in IS Financial domain applications and provide DevOps solutions.
- Leading people and operations tasks management.
- Continuous improvement of existing solutions to increase their stability, availability and performance.
- Support DevOps strategy development and administrate DevOps tools.
- Incidents management, troubleshooting and solving technical problems.
- Applications / systems monitoring and administration.
- Keeping systems IS security on a level required by corporate guidelines.
- Roll-out of software patches, bug fixes and releases to different environments (Dev, Stage, Production, DR), suggest implementation plan and run technical upgrades, assess the impact of changes and related risk.
- Participation in multi-vendors, cross-departments applications onboarding\upgrade projects and datacenter migrations for servers, databases and applications also in cloud environment.
- Participation in design and implementation of production systems including DR/HA solutions for Finance applications.
- Communication with system vendors, external service providers and consultants.
- System documentation maintenance.
- Supporting production and collection of compliance evidences.
- Technical consultancy for application and development teams as well for business to improve their work and help them understand technical solutions, potential problems and risks.
- We are looking for a person who is:
- Fast learning and action oriented.
- Self-organized, committed and responsible.
- Having very good communicational skills.
- Team player.
- Having proactive approach.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in IT environment with focus on operations and DevOps.
- Experience in team leading and people development.
- At least 2 years on leading position.
- Solid knowledge in MS Windows Server 2012-2019 (Clustering, IIS) and in MS SQL Server 2012-2019 (administration, maintenance, installations, upgrades, tuning and optimization, DR/HA solutions).
- Knowledge of TSQL that allow query analyzing and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge in Microsoft DW/BI technologies will be benefit (SSAS, SSIS. SSRS) – installation, administration, tuning, troubleshooting.
- Knowledge in one of the task scripting tools or frameworks (e.g. PowerShell).
- Basic knowledge in monitoring solutions ( e.g. Zabbix/Nagios).
- Nice to have skills and/or knowledge: Linux administration, cloud solutions, ServiceNow, Azure DevOps, Octopus Deploy, Grafana, Jenkins.
- Fluency in English.
- Experience in working in a financial and/or SOX controlled environments is a plus.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. #LI-Hybrid
- Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology.
- Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment.
- Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills.
- Private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance.
- Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program.
- Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities. Apply now for this job and become our next IS Lead DevOps Engineer for IS Finance. ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate