IS Release Manager
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB’s Electrification (EL) Business Area is a leading provider of a full range of protection, control and measurement solutions – enabling safer and smarter electricity flow from substation to the point of consumption. We deliver products and systems designed to connect, protect and control electrical systems, ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety for equipment and personnel. If you are looking for big, global challenges, Information Systems (IS) is the place to be. ABB’s portfolio includes some of the most advanced power and productivity products and systems in the world. If you have the energy, discipline and intellectual firepower to succeed, you will find almost limitless opportunities to stretch your thinking, expand your horizons and build your skills as you work with people all over the world. The main responsibility of Release Manager is planning and implementing changes in application services according to release and change management process. The goal of release and change management is to provide a disciplined process for introducing required changes into the IT application environment with minimal disruption to ongoing operations. Building a strong relationship with business will ensure a fruitful benefits. Very important thing is communication and collaboration with other team members. Having solid technical specialists around will help you with achieve the goals.
- Design and document release management process for eConfigure service.
- Prepare and publish release notes in dedicated tool.
- Manage of release documentation and reports.
- Identify and report potential risks which may have potential impact on existing solutions.
- Develop existing change management process.
- Perform post-implementation process that reviews whether the change has achieved the goals that were established for it.
- Cooperate with project and application management to coordinate cross-application changes.
- Work in an international team and communicate in English on daily basis.
- Master degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Project management skills.
- Experience in managing global IT applications and working with IT Service Management concepts (ITIL).
- Positive, proactive and energizing personality, while still remaining calm under pressure.
- Fluency in English is essential (written and spoken).
- Experience in Agile/Waterfall methodology.
- Knowledge of MyService tool and Jira products is a plus.
More about us:
We are part ABB Information System delivering service for ABB Electrification Business. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology.
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment.
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills.
• Private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance.
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program.
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities.
Apply now for this job and become our next IS Release Manager.
ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate
Publication ID: PL81237223_E1