If you are looking for big, global challenges, Information Systems (IS) is the place to be. ABB’s portfolio includes some of the most advanced power and productivity products and systems in the world. If you have the energy, discipline and intellectual firepower to succeed, you will find almost limitless opportunities to stretch your thinking, expand your horizons and build your skills as you work with people all over the world.
An IS Solution Architect will be part of the team responsible for supporting ABB Finance related IS Services. The person will support Leading Architects in maintenance of technical landscape of the IS Services dedicated to the Finance function. Being responsible for applications technical design will have significant contribution into the current and the future Services delivered to the business units.
- Define the technical IS solutions and ensure alignment with other modules and surrounding IS applications through cooperation and collaboration with IS Solution Architects and IS Delivery Units
- Execute the roadmap of the applications landscape form the technology perspective according to guidelines agreed with Leading Architects
- Engage in requirement engineering to decide which requirements are covered by available standard functionalities, for which functionalities enhancements are needed and for which functionalities workarounds are accepted
- Design and develop the architecture of Finance applications according to technology roadmap and architecture guidelines
- Cooperate with the Developers and Testers to ensure the solutions are being developed according to ABB strategy and Finance technology roadmap
- Document technical architecture of newly created applications or changes of existing ones
- Cooperate with Functional Analysts to identify requirements impacting technical architecture of applications
- Involve in DevOps process implementation for in-house developed applications
- Keep knowledge up to date regarding new and emerging IS technology and IS industry practices, bringing learning into ABB; all within in the scope of the relevant IS solutions
- Master degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in IT environment
- Good knowledge of infrastructure and application architecture, including market trends
- Experience to translate business requirements into IT capabilities and solutions
- Experience in documenting architecture of applications and business processes – Optional experience with IS architecture tools
- Strong analytical skills and a deep understanding of the overall context of business processes and technologies (Knowledge of the finance systems/applications is a strong plus)
- Agile and DevOps knowledge and working experience
- Understanding of application frameworks, database technologies, interfaces and security
- Proven large-scale applications design and implementation experience
- Professional English (written and spoken)
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Your benefits :
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
• Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
“I also consent to processing of my personal data for the purposes of any future recruitment processes”.
We reserve the right to answer only to the chosen candidates.
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.