ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees.
We are an international pioneering technology leader that is writing the future of industrial digitalization. More than 10 years ago, our Information Systems Delivery Center in Krakow was built up. Last year it successfully merged into the newly created Global Business Services organization. This allows us to expand our global activities and support even further. To strengthen our core IS Service Domain team, we are looking for a self-driven and energetic Solution Architect with extensive technical experience in nonERP technologies (.Net, MSSQL, Oracle, Java, Azure, AWS). Seize this unique opportunity and grow together with the rapidly developing organization.
Solution architect collaborates with the Domain Architect, Functional Analysts and Developers to maintain the architectural road map of inter-connected business applications based on needs arising from projects and changes, as well as takes responsibility for developing and realizing a long term view of technical solutions, in relation to the IT landscape in the area.
- Is responsible for nonERP HR Domain applications technical design, its stability, performance, best practice-based design, continuous optimization and right fit for the requirements outlined (4 nonERP applications currently in scope)
- Defines the technical IS solution and ensures alignment with other modules and surrounding IS applications through cooperation with IS HR Delivery team
- Engages in requirement engineering to decide which requirements are covered by available standard functionalities, for which functionalities enhancements are needed and for which functionalities workarounds are accepted
- Reviews the outcome of the work provided by external partners and implementation teams and participates in vendor solution evaluation processes
- Communicates technical specifications to the developers, and technical proposals into business processes
- In specific situations, supports the Support organization in the incident and problem resolution when technical expertise IS required
- Is consulted, gives advice and supports the installation of new IS solutions or cloud-based services (Azure, AWS) and application performance issues
- +5 years of relevant work experience in IT enterprise architecture
- Experience with interoperability standards and methods of exchanging data effectively and securely
- Agile and DevOps knowledge and practice
- Knowledge about HR processes and experience from HR-related project delivery is preferred
- Excellent communication skills with engineers and non-IT customers
- Fluent English
- Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
- Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
- Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
- Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
- Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
- Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
Apply now for this job and become our next IS Solution Architect.
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29 August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”