Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are an international pioneering technology leader that is writing the future of industrial digitalization. At the forefront is our Technology Center which provides industry leading software and deep domain expertise to help the world’s most asset-intensive industries solve their biggest challenges. To strengthen our Power Grids Technology Center team, we are looking for a Driver Developer. Seize this unique opportunity and see your work transformed in a tangible product.
- You will become a member of Power Grids Technology Center team in Kraków, dynamically growing team focused on delivering real software for real business;
- Your main area of responsibility will be development of industrial drivers used in Power Grids products sold to external customers;
- You will deliver drivers for different platforms, i.e. Windows, VxWorks, Linux;
- Common Technology group will host you; we deliver increasing component base for several IT solutions in Power Grids, giving you the opportunity to grow in other functions and scope.
- C/C++ coding skills and experience with Microsoft SW development tools – expert level;
- Experience with Microsoft device driver development tools, incl. kernel mode environment and driver signing;
- Driver development on several OS platforms (Windows, Linux, vxWorks);
- Understanding of TCP/IP-protocols functionality, Ethernet and Winsock interface on expert level;
- Familiarity with state-of the-art software architecting approaches, methods and tools, including design patterns;
- NDIS, FPGA, PRP, HSR – if they sound familiar – a plus;
- Experience with IEC 61850 implementation is a plus.
More about us
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
• Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
Apply now for this job and become our Driver Developer.
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the pur-poses of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
“I also consent to processing of my personal data for the purposes of any future recruitment processes”.
We reserve the right to answer only to the chosen candidates.