Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Power Grids Technology Center located in Krakow is looking for a self-starter who enjoys working in a business-oriented development team, someone who is flexible, team focused, easy to work with, and an excellent communicator. You will be involved in researching on new methods and models that can be applied for e.g. long horizon forecasting and asset lifetime estimation.
- Applying advanced machine learning models in research and development projects related to power systems engineering (predictive analytics, prescriptive analytics, reliability analysis, forecasting and classification);
- Delivering prototypes and state-of-the-art production-level code for machine learning applications in popular data science programming languages (Python, R, Julia, Matlab, etc.);
- Creating technical designs, building pipelines, and modelling algorithms for new functionalities;
- Participating in process improvements;
- Analysing business requirements and translating them into technical designs (reading and writing technical documentation);
- Programming to show that your theoretical concepts work effectively and efficiently in practice.
- Strong academic qualification with an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. statistics, mathematics, econometrics, computer science, physics, electrical engineering or any related field);
- Deep technical experience in advanced machine learning tools (e.g. Support Vector Machines, Neural Networks, Artificial Intelligence, Random Forests, Deep Learning, LSTM, Classification/PCA, Bayesian Analysis, Feature Engineering, Time Series Analysis);
- Proficient in several of the following technologies – e.g. Python, R, Julia, Matlab, SAS or related;
- Knowledge of common data analytics frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow, Keras, Pandas, Sklearn, Numpy);
- Experience in the application of numerical methods, stochastic processes modelling, and signal processing is a plus;
- Knowledge of big data tools and cloud solutions (Hadoop, Spark, AWS, Hive, etc.) is a plus;
- Strong oral and written communication skills (fluent in English).
More about us
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
– Working on innovative projects, with modern technologies, from an early concept to the final deployment;
– Unique possibility of evaluating latest technology and realization of your own concepts;
– Being part of project groups formed out of world-class data analytics, power engineering, programming, and automation experts;
– Possibility to develop skills and continuously improve qualifications in different areas; possibility to gain multidisciplinary competences;
– A cooperative, international team, great atmosphere and friendly work environment;
– Stable employment and attractive remuneration conditions;
– Rich benefits set;
– Flexible working hours.
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
We reserve the right to answer only to the chosen candidates.