Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are an international pioneering technology leader that is writing the future of industrial digitalization. At the forefront is our PG Technology Center which provides industry leading software and deep domain expertise to help the world’s most asset-intensive industries solve their biggest challenges. To strengthen our team, we are looking for an Software Design Engineer in Test (SDET) willing to grow in an international environment (multiple teams) who is especially interested in SDM600 Monitoring System.
Between the high-voltage wires, and pressurized pipes, of a modern utility lies a second, equally important, network. Snaking fiber-optic cables connect SCADA systems that monitor and manage the product delivery, but visualising this second network requires a new breed of management tool – the SDM600.
- This job is a hybrid role of test engineering with an opportunity that comes with software engineering (creating new software). We’re looking for a highly motivated SDET who can build things from scratch using next-generation test automation technologies and who recognizes the importance of both individual and group effort to deliver high quality enterprise class product. The role is accountable for the following activities:
- Design and test complex test beds with respective reflective of customer environments to validate performance, networking, and security functionality.
- Develop and enhance automated tests and frameworks. Prioritize automation and manual efforts.
- Write and execute test cases and test scenarios; support creation of the test plans and test strategies
- Build, deploy, configure, maintain and test system on the real equipment
- Develop applications where performance, reliability and scalability are critical design goals. Write high quality, maintainable, and robust code.
- Identify efficiency opportunities, propose innovations and means of implementing new technology or processes in the field of QA. Solve problems at their root with understanding of the broader context
- 2+ years of professional experience in software development & testing. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or related field.
- Test automation skills/tools and scripting skills (Python).
- Experience in integrating various components into coherent end-to-end systems.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations (TFS or Git or similar).
- Domain knowhow (IEC61850), experience with automated UI testing, ISTQB certification, familiarity with Linux, basics of .NET as well as common PaaS platforms such as Microsoft Azure would be a plus
More about us
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and
experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the
first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology.
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment.
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills.
• Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance.
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus
and internal share purchase program.
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding
Apply now for this job and become our next SDET.
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016
on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
“I also consent to processing of my personal data for the purposes of any future recruitment processes”.
We reserve the right to answer only to the chosen candidates.