Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a global technology leader in control products and solutions, working across many industries to meet customers’ most critical needs. Our service application development team is looking for an experienced quality analyst with strong communication and team collaboration skills. As a member of our international team, you will ensure quality is built into our products and see your achievements bring value to customers. The team develops and maintains a collection of products with varying technologies, so your ability to adapt and willingness to learn will be crucial.
You will join an agile development team in Kraków, applying modern technologies to a suite of service applications including ABB Ability™ Performance Optimization for control loops (Loop Performance). The Loop Performance product identifies, classifies, and prioritizes control loop improvement opportunities using continuous data collection and analytics to transform raw data into actionable insights. This enables faster identification of troublesome loops, leading to reduced process variability, increased availability, improved product quality and higher throughput.
- Oversee software quality within your agile development team including manual and automated testing activities. Provide quality improvement inputs to the product roadmap for service applications
- Define test plans to detect, investigate, and solve critical product issues, optimize team quality processes, and verify compliance with ABB product standards. Implement and execute tests on multiple software applications in both desktop and web-based environments, collaborating with other team members on test automation
- Act as the team scrum master, coordinating team estimation and review of work items during increment planning and sprint planning activities. Coordinate with R&D leadership to communicate risks and remove blockers. Ensure that product demonstrations are delivered effectively, tests are correctly performed and that team activities are accurately reported
- Strengthen the team culture of quality and high performance through leadership in daily team R&D activities. Support compliance initiatives – primarily cyber security and quality assurance reviews – for ABB products
- Coordinate with the product owner and architect to create sprint backlogs. Ensure that product defects are reviewed regularly and prioritized based on risk and impact
- Demonstrate ABB core values of safety and integrity, taking responsibility for your contributions, team commitments, and supporting your colleagues. Train and advise team members on test responsibilities, quality processes, and agile processes
- Work in an international team and communicate in English on daily basis
- Proven experience as a quality leader within agile software development teams. Highly skilled with application of software quality and agile development practices. Experience with Scaled Agile Framework is a plus
- Experience in software test planning, test execution, defect management via software work tracking tools (Azure DevOps or TFS is preferred)
- Strong communication skills in spoken and written English
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Your benefits :
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
• Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
ABB Data Privacy Statement: