Quality Assurance Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
We are in an interesting moment of creating a new software team in Kraków that will develop new solutions and service applications for installed base management, assessment of substations, maintenance planning and recommended actions, user account management and safety applications. As a Quality Assurance Engineer you will be a member of the Agile team, developing solutions dedicated to Service applications based on ABB Ability™ EL Common Cloud Platform. You will be working daily with SW developers and in contact with globally distributed EL Common Platform teams and the related stakeholders.
This position reports to
Software Team Manager
- Ensure consistent quality of the Software solutions with adoption of the most suitable technique and the maximum level of automation possible
- Represent end user and business stakeholder perspective in front of rest of development team
- Define and implement the test plans, test cases for the cloud, desktop and mobile solutions
- Design, implement and execute test cases of an application by test automation methods
- Perform all kinds of tests: regression, integration, system tests
- Analyze problems to create error reports using dedicated defect tracking tool
- Participate in test planning, execution and R&D activities
- Cooperate closely with developers during analysis of defects, requirements, tests and system aspects, using agile development methodology that requires active participation in all team’s activities. We work in a hybrid model and we meet once a week at the office
- University degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development / software testing, working as Quality Assurance Engineer
- Microsoft Visual Studio for Tester, Test Automation tools
- Sound knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle and the agile development methodologies and tools (MS Azure DevOps)
- Familiarity with programming languages (C#, Java, or Python)
- Familiarity with Cloud services orchestration (MS Azure)
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, strong written and spoken communication skills in English
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid Your benefits: • Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology. • Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment. • Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills. • Private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance. • Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program. • Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities.