Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be in the front line of creating electronics, connectivity solutions and related services which empower human-machine interactions. There are already tens of thousands of ABB Ability™ Smart Sensors connected to different types of assets, and the number is growing. Our digitalized powertrains provide reliable data which is utilized in advanced algorithms applications. You will be part of motion hardware designing community working in an international environment, delivering cutting-edge solutions. This is how we do things: • We leverage hardware development, mechanic design, user experience, signal processing and domain knowledge to find the most suitable solution for condition monitoring of rotating equipment like induction motors. • We design, develop and test solutions which are further used by our clients around the world • We believe in agile (yes, even for hardware!) and start-up like approach • We work on R&D projects hand in hand with our technological partners and research institutes Learn more about ABB Ability™ Smart Sensor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aeu4dSnyY1M
This position reports to
Motion Business R＆D Department Manager
- Support R&D Management within the planning and management of research and development (R&D) activities and resources. Support the development of projects and identify the budget of the specific functional area
- Lead R&D Engineers in order to meet requirements of product development projects.
- Creates technology roadmaps for assigned domain. Provides input to leadership regarding technology strategy planning
- Drives and fosters a culture of innovation within the Team
- As part of the Engineering R&D Team you will be also involved in product and systems features development
- Work in a global team, share knowledge and experience with other team members, cooperate with 3rd parties, cooperate with local Universities
- University degree in Instrumentation, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering
- Required 5+ years of experience in research & development, technology, product development or laboratory. Experience in people management will be a strong advantage
- Knowledge and relevant experience in research and development processes
- A solution-focused approach and strong communications skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- High quality aspirations and excellent team working skills
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. #LI-Hybrid
- Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology.
- Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment.
- Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills.
- Private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance.
- Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program.
- Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities.
ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate