Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB's Electrification business has always been at the forefront of innovative electrification and today is writing the future of safe, smart and sustainable electrification. Our R&D Engineers and Scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works, and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention on our way to running the world without consuming the Earth. You will contribute significantly to successful results in development of Electrification solutions for customers around the world. As a part of our simulation team you will utilize your knowledge and skills to support the design and development of the products that stay ahead of time. About ABB Electrification: https://bit.ly/2ITfAL4
- Cooperation with international design teams on development and optimization of new ABB electrification products including switchgears, apparatus and others
- Carry out FEM simulations based on 2D/3D CAD models either on single components as well as large assemblies
- Design and simulations of thermoplastic injection molded components
- Documentation of simulations results and suggestions for design improvement
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Experience in FEA (ABAQUS): static/dynamic, modal; ability to simulate large assemblies; experience in simulations of thermoplastic injection molding process
- Experience in CAD modeling (SolidWorks, Creo/Parametric): solid and surface modeling
- Fundamentals of strength of materials – ability to perform hand calculations for basic structural members
- Basic knowledge in area of electrical engineering (required to understand the ABB products specifications and design requirements); ability to utilize standards e.g. IEC, IEEE, Eurocode
- Good command of English and strong communication skills
- Although not obligatory, knowledge/experience in any of the following will be beneficial: fatigue and multibody simulations, basic Python and Fortran subroutines for ABAQUS; simulations of thermoplastic injection molding process; development of electromechanical devices and components
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology.
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment.
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills.
• Private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance.
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program.
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities. ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate