Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works, and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention on our way to running the world without consuming the earth.
ABB’s Electrification business has always been at the forefront of innovative electrification and today is writing the future of safe, smart and sustainable electrification.
Aa a Research Scientist you will contribute significantly to successful results in development of Electrification solutions for customers around the world. As a part of our research organization you will utilize your knowledge and skills to support multidisciplinary international teams in the development of new technologies for products that stay ahead of time.
– Research through experimentation and innovation, conduct hands on research in area of electronics and sensing
– Actively participate in new R&D efforts from requirements to concepts, design, prototyping in-house test, field test and release to manufacturing
– Cooperation with international cross-functional teams on development of new technologies for ABB Electrification products including apparatus, switchgears, and others
– Drive circuit and hardware design phases including architecture and design, component selection, schematic entry, board bring-up and integration of complex printed circuit board assemblies (PCBA) into sensors, actuators and imaging systems
– Design schematics and layout for PCB, perform necessary simulation
– Develop microcontroller based circuits and perform embedded software programming (knowledge of architecture of Cortex-M and AVR microcontrollers)
– Develop and test firmware in embedded environments
– PhD or MSc degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering or related field
– Strong experience as an Electronics Engineer designing analog and digital circuitry on complex printed circuit board assemblies (e.g. microprocessors, analog sensors, high-speed data acquisition systems)
– Strong design skills and tools for schematic capture and board layout and simulation (Altium preferred)
– Understanding of electronics assembly process
– Strong embedded software experience (C / C++)
– Experience with signal processing and data analytics
– Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology.
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment.
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills.
• Private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance.
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program.
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities.