At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Research Scientist you will contribute significantly to successful results in research and development of ABB Motion products and solutions for customers around the world. As a part of our research organization you will utilize your knowledge and skills to support multidisciplinary international teams in the development of new technologies for products that stay ahead of time. Find out more about our Team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUP73yfy7yw
This position reports to
Motion Business R&D Department Manager
- Research through experimentation and innovation, conduct hands-on research in electronics and sensing areas
- Actively participate in new R&D efforts from requirements to concepts, design, prototyping, inhouse testing, field testing, and hand-over to productization
- Cooperation with international cross-functional teams on the development of new technologies for ABB Motion products like Drives, Motors, Power Electronics Systems
- Develop microcontroller-based circuits and perform embedded software programming (knowledge of the architecture of Cortex-M and AVR microcontrollers)
- Develop and test firmware in embedded environments
- Drive circuit and hardware design phases, including architecture and design, component selection, schematic entry, board bring-up, and integration of complex printed circuit board assemblies (PCBA) into sensors, actuators and imaging systems
- PhD or MSc degree in Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Power Electronics, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in designing analog and digital circuitry on complex printed circuit board assemblies (e.g. microprocessors, analog sensors, high-speed data acquisition systems)
- Strong design skills and tools for schematic capture and board layout and simulation (Altium preferred)
- Strong experience in embedded programming, signal processing and data analytics
- Understanding of wireless communication standards (i.e. WiFi, Bluetooth) especially those used for the Internet of Things
- Knowledge and practical experience with embedded systems or measurement instruments used in RF (i.e. spectrum analyzers, vector network analyzers, Bluetooth sniffers) would be an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Your benefits: • Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology. • Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment. • Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills. • Private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance. • Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program. • Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities.