We are an international pioneering technology leader that is writing the future of industrial digitalization. As a key location for ABB’s Global business, we are currently expanding our presence on the Cary campus. Due to the growth in requirements for Information Security services and a new organisational operating model we’re implementing, we’re currently looking to strengthen our IS Risk and Security Leadership team, with the appointment of this key Security Transformation Department Manager role. Seize this unique opportunity and grow together with the rapidly developing organization.
In this position, you will play a key role in driving and overseeing the transformation activities that aim to implement the Global ABB IS Risk and Security Program. This Program supports the protection of ABB Information Assets and accommodate the continuous evolution of ABB IS Risk and Security services and strategy. This will include the implementation of new IS Security solutions, processes and associated organization changes.
This role reports directly to the Group IS Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), and will be a key member of the CISO leadership team. Accountabilities include:
• Lead a global team in charge of identifying and evaluating emerging security technology in cooperation with IS Architecture teams
• Consolidate the demand for new security controls, processes, tools and solutions into the annual, global ABB IS Risk and Security Project Portfolio (c.$15m annually).
• Gain approval and endorsement of the Project Portfolio by the CISO, the CISO Leadership team and broader Group IS community
• Promote and ensure project delivery within approved budgets, timeframe and scope, along with effective Governance and Reporting
• Ensure appropriate staffing and funding of the program and project teams to drive the successful execution of all projects in the portfolio
• Provide back-office functions via the IS Risk and Security Office i.e. capacity planning, recruitment, project management reporting, Project Management Office reviews, maintenance of an always up-to-date IS Risk and Security Organization description etc.
• As Security Defence Center program is a top priority program within ABB, this is where you are expected to take a lead, driving
o Integrated incident response across timezones
o Enhanced Security monitoring in whole ABB IS estate
o Threat intelligence enhancement for advance warning and actions
• 10+ years’ experience in Information Security management and IS Risk management in large, global organizations
• 5+ years’ experience in leading and managing multi-national teams in large, matrixed organizations delivering IS services and developing a service-oriented culture
• Strong interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills, ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, within IS or within the business, during the normal course of operations or during crisis
• Fluency in verbal English is required, excellent English-writing skills are essential
• Ability and desire to work in a truly global, distributed team
• Security Certifications (CISSP, CISM, etc.) and Auditor certifications (ISO 27001 auditor, CISA etc.) are a plus
• Experience of several years in a Security technology leading edge start-up is a plus
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
• Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
Apply now for this job and become our next Security Transformation – Department Manager.
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29 August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com