Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
RDS – Remote Diagnostic Services for Marine is a smart asset management system from ABB Marine & Ports which is already installed worldwide on board of over 200 vessels. Dedicated solutions enable monitoring and condition insights of physical assets in the electrical ship power and propulsion line-ups, allowing reductions or avoidance of downtime. RDS4Marine development is spear-headed by a small but growing development team that constantly improves the product by introducing new features and functionalities. It requires not only broad IT-domain knowledge but also an engineering approach while working with variable frequency motor drives, PLCs, motors, industrial PCs. Close cooperation with operational and analytics teams in a strongly globalized, international environment, results in providing a reliable, well received, and top-earning system.
Learn more about ABB Marine and RDS:
- Product responsibility – developing and maintaining business-critical engineering applications using Microsoft .NET technology;
- Following the best software development practices to ensure the highest quality of the product with great user experience;
- Working in a cross-disciplinary team, using an Agile development methodology that requires active participation in all team activities;
- Sharing your experience and skills with other team members.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or related field;
- 2+ years of professional experience in C#/.NET
- Knowledge in object-oriented analysis, design, and programming (OOA, OOD, OOP;
- Good understanding of SOLID principles;
- Good understanding of Agile software development processes and principles;
- Knowledge of unit testing technics and frameworks together with release engineering skills;
- Good command of English;
- Although not obligatory, knowledge of any of those would be a benefit: WPF, WCF, industrial communication protocols (such as OPC UA, Modbus, IEC 61850), Azure, .Net Core, Docker.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology;
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment;
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills;
• Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance;
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program;
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities.