We are an ABB product group that develops and builds innovative outdoor wireless communications technologies and products used for mission-critical applications. ABB Wireless networks are renowned for high reliability and performance, strong security and flexible scalability. We have more than 1,000 customers in over 50 countries around the world. Our customers use ABB Wireless products to build wireless IP broadband networks for many applications in the utility, oil and gas, mining, industrial hub and smart city markets.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our innovative engineering team building large scale wireless networking products and software applications.
- Analyze requirements, design, develop and deliver high quality advanced routing software using the latest technologies and innovations in a timely manner
- Understand customer requirements and translate them into engineering requirements. Write functional and design specification documents and drive sign-off
- Interface with developers, QA, Documentation & Customer Support teams as needed
- Architect, design, develop, test, or troubleshoot features or functions
- Interact cross functionally on matters that require coordination across organization lines
- Participate in full product life cycle development
Interface with Support/Customers during escalations and drive issues to completion
- The candidate is expected to have a good understanding of the host stack protocols such as IPv4/IPv6/TCP/UDP and good understanding of routing protocols such as BGP/OSPF/ISIS/MPLS.
- Experience in L2 and L3 Ethernet switching and routing protocols and/or forwarding (some or all of the following protocols; LACP, STP, IGMP, Multicast, OSPF, PIM)
- Must have prior development experience in L2 switching / L3 routing, QOS/COS, ACL, Firewall etc.
- Experience in Layer 2 switching protocols (any of the following protocols; VLAN, LACP,STP,IGMP, Multicast)
- Experience with Programmability/Automation tools like Python, Puppet, Chef is a plus
- Good understanding of L4 to L7 protocols in Web, Mail and File applications.
- C/ C++ programming and Linux based development and build environment.
- MSEE/CS with 3+ years or BSEE/CS with 5+ years of related experience is required
- Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
- Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
- Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
- Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
- Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
- Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
Apply now for this job and become our next Senior Software Engineer (L2-L4 Networking).
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29 August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees.