Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
We are in an interesting moment of creating a new software team in Kraków that will develop new solutions and service applications for installed base management, assessment of substations, maintenance planning and recommended actions, user account management and safety applications. As a UI Specialist you will develop web applications for the future Service applications based on ABB Ability EL common platform. Execute assigned design and development activities focused on building solutions efficiently, cost-effectively, and in accordance with quality standards. We build a product, not run a project. You will independently conduct persona research, defines user experience and tests mock-ups & prototypes iterating towards best-in-class user experience. Develops sketches of product design including all phases of structuring, labeling, and wireframing. Works with and guides software development team on implementation details and ensures full compliance with design guidelines.
- Independently conducts user research to identify different user personas and their corresponding behavior, goals, motivations, and needs. Adopts various methods, such as interviews with users/stakeholders, competitive analysis, online surveys, and focus groups to develop design guidelines
- Design and develop of web-based applications with particular focus on front-end
- Experienced in UI / UX lifecycle covering all aspects of analyze, design, prototype and evaluate in an iterative manner with ability to judge exit criteria. Co-ordinates with the software development and monitors adoption and compliance of UI guidelines
- Identifies and sets UI / UX design patterns to organize matter for usability improvement, minimal interactions for navigation, simplification of data entry and minimizing errors and enhance the user experience
- Ensure high quality in the developed products with great user experience
- Participate in the whole software development lifecycle from analysis, design, implementation, testing to delivery, following best DevOps practices
- Collaborate with internal and external partners contributing to design of applications (e.g. for handheld devices and Hololens), Agile development methodology
- We work in a hybrid model, we meet at the office once a week
- University degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of professional experience in design of web, desktop and mobile applications using TypeScript and Angular/React, HTML5, or .NET and C#
- Web REST API, FIGMA mock-up tool, Microsoft DevOps and Agile Methodology
- Knowledge on main authentication protocol (OpenID connect, SAML)
- Hands-on experience in writing unit and integration tests for User Interface
- Knowledge of Azure Cloud Services Xcode, PhoneGap, Xamarin or similar and experience in design of applications for mobile/smart devices (Android, iOS, Windows) are a plus.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, strong written and spoken communication skills in English
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology.
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment.
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills.
• Private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance.
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program.
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities.
ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate