Are you the one who truly believes in changing the world with design? If you are an experienced and skilled UX designer, we can offer you a next place to shine; join our new UX design team at ABB! The Ability Common UX Design team provides vision and guidance in the design of user interfaces and software solutions at ABB. The guiding principle of our team is human-centered design and we take this mindset to others through our close collaboration with ABB Business units worldwide. Join us in taking ABB to the next level with your expertise in design.
We are looking for a Senior UX Designer at Digital ABB in Krakow or Helsinki. You will join a global team that provides vision and guidance for user interface and software solution designs at ABB. At the same time the team promotes human-centred design (HCD) methods and mindset to enable the organization to become more customer- and user-focused.
This position offers you a vantage point to ongoing digital transformation in a large B2B tech-organization. You will have the opportunity to see both hardware manufacturing and software development, and to create the overall customer and user experience. Products you'll be working with range from smart homes and electric vehicle charging to controlling electricity networks of cities and process automation of factories.
- Participating into the creation of corporate-wide UX principles and design system as well as design community
- Supporting the execution of designs in several product teams across the organization
- Collaborating with UX and UI designers, product managers and frontend developers in several countries across the globe
- MA or M.Sc. in design, human-computer interaction, or related discipline
- Several years of experience from UI design practices and a strong portfolio with design aesthetics
- Strong background in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest UI trends, techniques and technologies
- Experience in working within an Agile/Scrum development process and according to human-centered design methods
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
Ideally, you have
- Experience working in industry and B2B environment
- Ability to conduct user and usability studies
- Experience in designing for the Windows environment
- A challenging position in an international working environment
- The opportunity for personal development
- The opportunity to further your career in a global company
Interested in joining the team? Position will be filled as soon as possible, so please apply promptly.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees.