Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will join the Team that provides world-class charging systems for every vehicle and every purpose.
ABB E-Mobility’s cloud software offering is closely integrated with its AC and DC Chargers. This allows us to offer more advanced remote configuration, management and diagnostic capabilities than third party charge point management systems. In order to introduce new innovations and to further reduce total cost of ownership for charge point operators, we are looking for a new team member as Site Reliability Engineer.
As a Site Reliability Engineer you bring operation and development together and makes sure that the software can be delivered as smooth as possible with the correct quality by removing all roadblocks.
This position reports to
- Develop, deploy, and maintain scalable and resilient IoT infrastructure for our EV charging solutions, ensuring high availability and performance
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including software development, product management, and operations, to ensure the seamless integration of our IoT-enabled chargers and cloud-based systems
- Monitor, analyze, and troubleshoot issues in our Azure-based cloud infrastructure to guarantee maximum uptime and minimize service disruptions
- Implement best practices in security, data privacy, and compliance to protect our customers' sensitive information and adhere to industry standards
- Design and implement automated monitoring, alerting, and performance optimization tools to proactively address potential infrastructure issues
- Continuously evaluate and integrate new technologies, tools, and methodologies to improve system reliability, performance, and efficiency
- Participate in on-call rotations to provide timely incident response and resolution, ensuring an exceptional customer experience
- Master or Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of experience in Site Reliability Engineering, DevOps, or a similar role
- Strong understanding of IoT principles, protocols, and best practices
- Proven experience working with Azure cloud infrastructure, services, and tools
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure-as-code (IaC) tools such as Terraform or ARM Templates
- Proficiency in at least one programming language, such as Python, Go, or Java
- Familiarity with containerization and orchestration technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and communication skills
- Passion for sustainability and clean energy solutions
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology.
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment.
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills.
• Private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance.
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program.
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities.
ABB Data Privacy Statement: