Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
We are in an interesting moment of creating a new software team in Kraków that will develop new solutions and service applications for installed base management, assessment of substations, maintenance planning and recommended actions, user account management and safety applications. As a Software Architect, you will bring strategic focus on software development with expertise on architecture and design, serve as a technology expert with strategic focus of both functional and more on non-functional requirements to define and deliver the architecture of software platforms (Client, Cloud and Edge), applications and solutions. Nurtures for the architectural and design integrity with software architectural and design patterns for owned modules /sub systems. You will also have an opportunity to address the dynamic needs and demands of releases and teams and act as the bridge between the product managers and development team.
- Define EL Service software solutions architecture including system structure, logical view, physical view, architectural principles, security and architecture delivery and blueprints with a higher focus on non-functional requirements and benchmarks for performance, scalability, interoperability, security, reliability etc.
- Contribute to the agile development lifecycle of cloud backend of Service solutions based on ABB Ability EL common cloud platform - Influence and take ownership over the deliverables of Service Software solution
- Continuously improve the development process of our products
- Collaborate with product management to refine component backlog
- Collaborate with UI/UX experts
- Act as product specialist towards customer support and end users
- Keeping up to date with technologies, tools and methods
- University degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience in software architecture and implementation of enterprise grade scalable cloud solutions
- Proven expertise and understanding of technical requirements of cloud applications connectivity (IoT, Edge Cloud, Hybrid Systems)
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure DevOps
- Sound experience in object-oriented programming (C#, .NET) and containerization technology Kubernetes and Docker
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, strong written and spoken communication skills in English
- MS Azure Architecture Certification and knowledge of Machine Learning tools is a plus
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology.
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment.
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills.
• Private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance.
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program.
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities.
ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate