At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB is a worldwide company and leader in the field of the transmission and distribution of electricity, process and production automation as well as electrical, electronic and installation engineering products and systems. We are a market leader in fast charging solutions which enable 10-30 min charging time for electric cars and busses, a game changing technology which allows mass adaption of clean transportation. In this highly technological and rising market, we are developing and supplying these Electrical Vehicle Charger Infrastructure across the globe. Based in our current location in Poland (Krakow) we are looking for a Software Architect and Tech Lead for the Product Engineering local team. Find out more about our Team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sja_GQ_SvSw&t=14s
- Participation in full software project lifecycle - design, development, testing, implementation, support of onboarding business units on the solutions/platforms
- Participate in the code review process.
- Communicate with the software development stakeholders during the implementation and the support phase of the project lifecycle
- Convert high level requirements to a detailed design considering best practices and the required functionality, performance, scalability, reliability etc.
- Analysis, selection and design of the operation of the system components and the relationship between hardware, software and external services
- Design of the concept of protocols and interfaces for communication between components in the form of information flow diagrams
- Additionally, as a tech lead for the product engineering team (estimated effort ≈10-20%): Aligning and coordination of 3rd parties that collaborate with us (create work packages, SoW) – Ensuring that a regular feedback process with stakeholders/3rd parties is set up and appropriate improvement actions are initiated, executed and managed
- Master's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Experience in Embedded Software programming C, C++
- At least 5 years of experience in similar position, in industrial environment with embedded architecture
- Previous experience in managing projects or teams
- Excellent knowledge English language
- A collaborative, solution-focused approach, and good written and spoken communication skills
- Proactivity, teamwork skills, problem solving, and result orientation will complete your profile.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Your benefits: Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology. Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment. Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills. Private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance. Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program. Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities.