Writing the digital future takes ability. ABB Ability™.
ABB Ability is our unified, cross-industry digital capability — extending from device to edge to cloud — with devices, systems, solutions, services and a platform that enable our customers to know more, do more, do better, together.
As Technical Product Manager – Ability Cloud Platform, you will report to the Head of Cloud and Edge Platform Product Management, and focus on the ABB Ability Cloud Platform, a set of reusable digital assets used to build digitally-enabled solutions for our customers.
You will act as the Agile Product Owner for one or two scrum teams and work closely with Digital ABB's clients, our business units, to understand their business and technology requirements. The APO represents the “Voice of the customer” and product management by maintaining and prioritizing the backlog to ensure that the teams are working on stories that maximize business value and deliver necessary fixes and functionality to all customers.
- Collaborate with platform architect and business units to translate business requirements into user stories for the development teams to implement
- Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation
- Work with development teams to ensure that they understand the vision for the product and are designing great features for our clients
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for product features so that they are clearly understood by the development teams
- Inspire and motivate the development teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Work with key stakeholders across the company to ensure successful product releases
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a product management or development capacity
- Experience in product management in the software industry with focus on digitalization of industrial businesses, the Internet of Things, cloud computing, and deep understanding of relevant technologies and trends
- Solid presentation skills and fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Availability to travel internationally as required
- Working experience with agile software development principles
- Excellent influencing and networking skills, paired with stakeholder management experience in a multi-layered, global environment
- Successful track-record in releasing cloud based products/services to commercial operation
- Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
- Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
- Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
- Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
- Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
- Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
Apply now for this job and become our next Technical Product Manager – Ability Cloud Platform.
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29 August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees.