Want to join an experienced team of professionals? We’re hiring!
Appliscale is an independent Software House & technology consultancy which specialises in digital, bespoke and tailor made products full cycle engineering consulting - we deliver the most impactful cloud based software and build products that solve real problems. Our end-to-end software solutions come from business analysis, through project evaluation, to frontend/backend architecture design and deployment.
We operate at the cutting edge of technologies, exploring, transforming, scaling and optimising the way software businesses engineer their digital products. Our expertise spans from experience strategy, digital product innovation to solutions’ scalability and security.
Why work with us?
We are a group of curious and motivated technologists dedicated to building excellent products that have a lasting impact on users. We offer plenty of opportunities to gain solid experience and share expertise while working in full stack, distributed teams in a range of businesses like gaming, proptech, adtech, fintech, legaltech or ML/AI from startups, scaleups to Fortune 500 companies located across the USA, Asia and Europe. This is how we do it.
We elevate each employee’s responsibility and his/her taking ownership. You take the lead and pursue your passion.
Autonomy and ownership over projects! Small teams and project management supporting planning and communication around project’s milestones. Collaboration and collective creativity over formal rules-based KPIs for performance.
We network to get a broader perspective and build relationships - you get to hear what interesting challenges people are solving in their projects or what kind of passions or hobbies are there to share a conversation.
We create spaces for sharing to happen - various internal knowledge sharing initiatives exist to connect smart people rowing in the same direction.
You may change a project, work with a different technology or pass a certification, etc. You have a bunch of opportunities and your own responsibility to take the lead on your growth!
We communicate openly, we share candid feedback. We build on trust so the innovation naturally happens!
There is no difference if you work from home or the office. We focus on productivity, not hours and constant communication on Slack!
The timesheet gets filled in automatically, the onboarding process works online, and a bot books a parking spot for you or reminds you about internal knowledge sharing initiatives. We love improvements like that!
Partnering with the Client
Everyone is a consultant actively engaged in ongoing discussions with our Clients regarding project scope, understanding the context for a solution to deliver a great experience to future users.
If you want to be a part of something great, dare to join our remote-first Appliscale Community!
About the role:
About the role:
As a Software Cloud Engineer, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead the development of complex, multi-disciplinary applications. From large-scale consumer-facing applications, to entirely new technologies and products, engineers support and power the platform that makes eSport for everyone possible.
● Master the entire application life-cycle including research, design, development, testing, continuous deployment, and delivery
● Develop complex, highly available, distributed, cloud-based solutions, and maintain its high level of quality software
● Develop industry leading technology to enable competitions, tournaments, and social features for players, spectators and streamers around the world
● Consistently drives very high impact projects to completion that include components required by teams across the organization
● Collaborate with teammates who care about building great products as much as you do
● Professional Software Engineering Experience (4+ years) with software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages such as Golang (preferred), Java, or C++
● Experience with cloud providers (AWS, GCP, or other)
● Experience designing and optimizing MySQL or other RDBMS databases as well as NoSQL technologies
● Customer/Product focused thinking and understanding. Able to balance between correcting technology debt while still continuously delivering value to customers. Partnership mindset
● Problem-solving skills ( adapting to changing business needs)
● Demonstrate responsibility for the quality of your team's work, while nurturing this same value in their team
Nice to have:
● Outstanding knowledge of public cloud providers and emerging service architectures
● Having the ability to work in a dynamic agile development environment, as members of the team play a role in the entire life cycle of development