Do you always see job ads with the statement that you will work in the best company ever? Let’s skip this part as this is obvious.
We can offer you something much better – the fact that you will see how your work influences the company and moves it forward. You will see that what you do really matters.
Bidroom.com is one of the most successful start-ups in the world (Best “Grown Startup” from HospitalityTechnology Forum 2019, Startup Of The Year 2018 by travmagazine, One of 100 hottest startups in Europe according to WIRED magazine). We are waiting for you to join our mission of changing the industry.
We don’t just hire people, we hire great individuals who will help to empower and grow our company. Are you one of them?
We are aggressively expanding our Engineering, QA, DevOps, Data Science, and Product Management departments, by implementing the most modern software engineering, analytics and product practices. We are looking for professionals willing to prove themselves not just in following processes and best practices but also able to collaboratively explore and define new solutions.
What will you be doing?
This role will be part of our engineering team which is transitioning our core systems to Cloud Native Microservices, Serverless, Streaming and Big Data architectures.
Members of this team will be working on challenging problems that need innovative, creative and scalable solutions, owning major deliverables across all aspects of software development by adopting Agile processes and DevOps best practices. Successful candidates can quickly adapt to new development environments, learn existing products, create reliable and maintainable code. They must be excited about technology, good design and keen to create exceptional customer experiences.
The successful candidate will work with a team of talented engineers to build low-latency solutions with a variety of core languages, web and cloud technologies including Message Queues, Lambda functions, Docker Containers, Service Mesh, Relational, In-Memory and NoSQL databases, Streaming and Event processing systems on AWS.
What skills should you have?
- 3-5 years of production software development experience
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles, testing, data structures and algorithms
- Experience in developing reliable Distributed Systems and/or web applications with modern front-end frameworks and REST/GraphQL APIs; Good understanding of web protocols, technologies, languages and frameworks
- Strong supporter of good OO design patterns and SOLID principles
- Expert in one or more object-oriented and/or functional languages such as Java, Kotlin, Go, Swift, C++, Rust, Scala, Elixir
- Good knowledge of Unix/Linux operating system and shell scripting
- Good knowledge of Relational DBMS and some NoSQL exposure
- Able to work with Agile methodologies such as SCRUM and Kanban
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Self motivated and able to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of technical education and experience
- Proficient in English
What can you expect?
- A dynamic and innovative environment
- A rewarding salary
- Great office location on the Main square of Krakow
- Flexible working hours
- The best atmosphere you will have ever worked in
- An international team of people who enjoy their work
Working at Bidroom comes with many awesome perk that we call the BidPackage:
🏛 prime location (Krakow’s Main Square)
🥗 every day lunches
👨⚕️ health care
👩🏫 language courses
🍎 healthy snacks (smoothies, veggies, fruits on various days)
⛱ cool chill out area