Be part of something altogether life-changing
Working at Cytiva in the Life Sciences industry means being at the forefront of providing new solutions to transform human health. Our incredible customers undertake life-saving activities ranging from fundamental biological research to developing innovative vaccines, new medicines, and cell and gene therapies.
At Cytiva you will be able to continuously improve yourself and us – working on challenges that truly matter with people that care for each other, our customers, and their patients. With associates across 40 countries, Cytiva is a place where every day is a learning opportunity – so you can grow your career and expand your skills in the long term.
Cytiva is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we’re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
What you’ll do
The role includes the provisioning of new integrations, monitoring, reconciliation and troubleshooting for the technical support, maintenance and availability of the Cytiva Middleware Integration ecosystem.
This is a new area of responsibility for Cytiva IT, not only taking over responsibility for systems that are currently provided and supported by GE, many of them will continue to be supported for a transitional period under a Services Agreement (TSA), but also to build out a world class platform to help Cytiva accomplish its new goals as part of Danaher Corporation. Working with IT and business stakeholders you will propose strategies for TSA exit of the remaining applications, ensuring that solutions meet Cytiva’s business needs, align to the broader Danaher Life Sciences IT ecosystem as appropriate and provide value for money.
- Define integration requirements through analysis, and design.
- Provide technical direction and assistance to stakeholders regarding their integration needs.
- Plan, design, implement and document integration processes varying in levels of complexity into production and non-production environments.
- Develop test plan specifications, test and debug processes according to plan.
- Display initiative, self-motivation and deliver high quality work while at the same time, meeting all deadlines for both internal and external customers.
- Support the management of, monitoring and maintaining all Middleware integrations. responding to critical failures, and escalating issues when necessary.
- When required, proactively troubleshoot failed integrations or integration components analyzing processing errors, identify cause determine possible resolutions, and identify fixes in existing interfaces.
- When required, analyze performance of interfaces and take actions to correct deficiencies.
- When required, .maintain integration configuration and support documentation as integrations are changed, developed, or repurposed.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science of Information Technology or equivalent industry experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in this technical area.
- Strong track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and / or industry activities. Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources.
- Proven ability to design and optimize business processes and to integrate business processes across disparate systems.
- Experience with enterprise integration tools (Boomi, Informatica, AWS).
- Experience with cloud-based middleware/iPaaS platforms.
- Project Management (desirable).
- Programming experience in one or more of the following: (desirable) Java / Python / C# / SQL / AWS (API Gateways, MFT, S3, Lamda Functions, Athena, Redshift).
- Experience / good understanding of Linux/Unix Experience (desirable).
- Demonstrated deployments of enterprise software systems using industry standard environments including XML, HTTP/HTTPS, Java, C++, SQL and ASP.
- Knowledge of enterprise systems (CRM, SFA, ERP).
- Excellent analysis skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies.
- Knowledge of Incident Management, Change Management (Planning & Execution), ITIL.
- Experience in IT security and systems administration.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills.
- Experience working with global working groups.
- Self-starter – has a bias for action and requires minimal direction to accomplish goals.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- Quick to embrace new technologies and ability to train others -Manage multiple support cases at one time.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment.
- Client focused attitude.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 68,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we’ll empower you to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.