Expect more. Connect more. Be more at Diebold Nixdorf. Our teams automate, digitize, and transform the way more than 75 million people around the globe bank and shop in this hyper-connected, consumer-centric world. Join us in connecting people to commerce in this vital, rewarding role.
We are looking for people to embark upon projects where we develop products for the world’s largest retailers. Global Center in Katowice is one of Diebold Nixdorf’s six strategic centers worldwide, where retail software is born. Join one of our three core business areas!
The Product Development team is a perfect place for anyone who’s keen on new technologies and development. The client is in the center of the Professional Services division’s focus whilst the Maintenance and Support team assures that all we create runs smoothly.
As you can see we are a true technological Global Village, where you definitely can find the right place for yourself!
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading teams to deliver the project(s). Manage resources, schedules, financials, and adhere to stage gate quality and SDLC control guidelines throughout the full software development life cycle. This also includes management of issues, risks, and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
The Senior Project Manager has the authority to run the project on a day-to-day basis. Verify that the project produces the required deliverables of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost, and to achieve the potential benefits defined.
Senior Project Manager is required to:
- Manage a portfolio of SW delivery projects
- Provide on-site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
- Understand the interdependencies between technology, operations, and business needs
- Define the Statement of Work and Specifications
- Identify and develop a trusted adviser relationship with project and program stakeholders, sponsors, and customer stakeholders
About the person
- Excellent experience in SDLC Methodologies, Agile, SCRUM, SDLC / Waterfall
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across, and down multiple business and technology organizations
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving
- Experience leading, motivating, and managing various project and program team sizes, including internal and external resources, while holding team accountable for performance
- Technically competent with various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), Microsoft Projects
Experience requirements & knowledge:
- English – Fluent
- 8+ years of project management experience, including tracking and planning projects
- 8+ years of experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and SharePoint with experience presenting to stakeholders and/or Senior Leadership
- Agile certification preferred
- Ability to formulate thoughts clearly and precisely
- Proven ability to work independently and efficiently
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills. Proven ability to demonstrate a drive for results and accountability of business needs
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas in order to achieve a common business objective
- Interpersonal skills to influence and spur change, facilitate and enhance performance within a cross-functional environment
- Demonstrate decisiveness in resolving business problems, making decisions, and identifying priorities
- Flexi-Time & remote working
- Casual dress code and plenty of free parking spaces (when working from the office)
- Opportunities for international travel
- Tickets to conferences (.NET Developer Days, etc.)
- Free tea, coffee & fruits
- Multicultural work environment
- Language courses (English, French, Polish for foreigners)
- International assignments and projects
- Private medical care with family option
- Life and accident insurance
Why should you join Diebold Nixdorf?
Brightest minds + technology and innovation + business transformation. The people of Diebold Nixdorf are 23,000+ teammates of diverse talents and expertise in more than 130 countries, harnessing future technologies to deliver personalized, secure consumer experiences that connect people to commerce. Our culture is fueled by our values of collaboration, decisiveness, urgency, willingness to change, and accountability.
–Diebold Nixdorf is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
** To all recruitment agencies: Diebold Nixdorf does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diebold Nixdorf employees, or any other organization location. Diebold Nixdorf is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes**