Currently, we are looking for Big Data – Senior Systems Engineer to make our team even stronger.
Our software is the heart of Investment Bank – we are implementing a number of strategic projects to process and report data to global regulators in a complete, accurate and timely manner, our applications are processing millions of messages daily with strict SLAs.
The successful candidate will be cooperating with multiple teams located in Krakow, Wroclaw, and London. We are the team of open minded and highly motivated professionals who care about quality. Our teams choose the development methodologies that suit them best, from Kanban and Scrum to TDD.
We use the best tools for the job including Java 8, Groovy, Spring, Spring Boot, Oracle, Docker, Kafka, Flink and related ecosystem, as well as in house developed frameworks.
The successful candidate will play an important role in ensuring the development methodology is followed and will lead technical design discussions with other Developers.
Our culture centers around partnership with our businesses, transparency, accountability and empowerment, and passion for the future. We are fast moving Agile team delivering in monthly cycles and we are constantly collaborating with our stakeholders.
As the regulations cover all aspects of the bank, the role will allow you to gain comprehensive understanding of many financial instruments across multiple asset classes ranging from high volume Cash Equities to complex Commodities, Credit, Equities and Interest Rate derivatives.
- Develop and maintain Java-based applications
- Design infrastructure/network topology solutions for innovative projects
- Apply best development practices to produce code and effectively utilize technologies
- Provide your expertise and architectural assistance to other team members
- Build relationships with users and facilitate requirements gathering
- Investigate and resolve production issues, help maintaining a stable production environment
- Experience in designing and implementing Java-based (Java 8, Spring, Spring Boot) backend applications
- Knowledge of database design and SQL including query optimization
- Solid Object-Oriented analysis and design skills, understanding of design patterns, clean code principles and concepts like OOD, TDD, BDD, DDD, CI/CD
- Proficient skills with tools used in software development lifecycle, such as IntelliJ IDEA, Git, Gradle, Maven, Jenkins, JIRA, etc
- Familiarity with debugging and performance tuning along with a good understanding of deploying, maintaining and monitoring complex Java applications
- Knowledge of modern technical architectures and know how to pragmatically leverage their benefits
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with GitHub, ELK Stack, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Spring Batch, Spring Integration
- Familiarity with event driven architectures, stream processing
- Experience with other JVM languages such as Groovy
- Hands-on experience in Agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, XP
- Exposure to UNIX/Linux environment with shell scripting
- Experience or interest in financial products
- Possibility to be involved in an international project (Canada, China, Hong Kong, Mexico, USA, Switzerland, Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Hungary, etc.)
- English language classes
- Vast opportunities for self-development: online courses and library, experience exchange with colleagues around the world, partial grant of certification
- Career development center
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Possibility to take part in both: corporate and startup environment
- Possibility to relocate for short and long-term projects
- Relocation package for those who relocate to Krakow, Wroclaw, Katowice or Gdansk from other locations
- Benefit package (health care, multisport, lunch tickets, petrol vouchers and shopping vouchers, etc.)
- Fruits on a weekly basis
- Sponsored sport activities