We’re seeking Big Data Software Engineer which will take part in a data representation transformation in a complex project related to Health insurance domain. Project will be around restructuring and reengineering current approach with relational databases to a solution with Big Data approach. This should allow deeper data analysis and insights related to company services. Project would be big, complicated and interesting from architecture and technical point of view.
This position is base in Gdańsk. We can’t offer you remote job, but we can support relocation to the USA after 18 months of work.
Building out Data Management & Analytics platform to help Customer simplify data analytics and extract meaningful information out of the data and realize measurable value from it. Along with Predictive Modeling the applicable information mined from the raw data supports improvements in the quality of care and cost efficiency for the company. Ultimate goal of the program is building healthier individuals, healthier families and healthy communities thru the analytics platform delivered by this team.
- Building big data pipelines for batch and real-time data processing ;
- Developing, loading and running predictive models in machine learning platforms;
- Building and running data analytics environments;
- Analyzing existing ETLs and design new solution based on Spark ; Collect, process and cleanse data from a wide variety of sources. Transform and convert unstructured data set into structured data for algorithm input;
- Evaluate the effectiveness of user experiences, determining what data is needed and how to collect it;
integrate ML models into production;
- Design and use validation tools to compare results of original and new solution;
- Building and maintaining a Hadoop or Spark cluster, together with the many other tools that are part of the ecosystem: databases (such as Hive and HBase), streaming data platforms (Kafka, Spark Streaming etc)
- Apache Spark (Core, Streaming, SQL);
- Apache Hadoop Hive, HBase, HDFS;
- CI/CD (Docker, Jenkins, Git);
- Various machine learning tools;
- SQL and noSQL DBs;
- Some REST API web-services;
- Some Kafka, IBM MQ;
- Possibility to be involved in international projects;
- Benefits package (health care, multisport, lunch tickets, petrol vouchers and shopping vouchers, etc.);
- Career development center;
- Free English classes with native speakers (certified English teachers);
- Vast opportunities for self-development: online courses and library, experience exchange with colleagues around the world, partial grant of certification;
- Possibility to relocate for short and long-term projects;
- Relocation package for those who relocates to Gdansk from other locations; Experience exchange with colleagues all around the world;
- Fruits on a weekly basis;
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills;
- Regular asssments and salary reviews;
- Social package – medical care, sports;
- Corporate and social events.