Equiniti is global provider of technology-enabled services. We help businesses operate more effectively and connect people with their financial future. Our people and platforms connect businesses with markets, engage customers with their investments and allow organisations to grow and transform.
Equiniti is a company built with strong values at the very core of our offering. Dealing with some of the most successful companies and government agencies in the UK, excellence, integrity, professionalism, partnership, commercial and innovation are therefore at the heart of everything we do. We employ c.5000 people in Europe, India and the US and the average length of service of our employees is 12 years.
EQTek complements our international IT Team, with high-calibre experts based in Krakow. The team will be developing best-in-class applications and product delivery systems across all divisions of the business.
- Collaborate as part of our DevOps community with Scrum teams to optimise the product delivery pipeline to our customers.
- Shorten the cycle time to market through the automation and optimisation of environment provisioning, configuration and deployment.
- Bring your energy to learning, sharing and evolving our knowledge and capabilities in DevOps to create a rapid, seamless application delivery pipeline.
- Help us on our journey of Infrastructure as code.
- Clear understanding and experience of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Practical skills in Powershell or Bash and Azure CLI
- Experience with Azure Devops Services/Server especially Azure pipelines
- Experience in GIT and ability to advise/implement proper merging and branching strategies
- Ability to write clean and understandable pipelines in YAML
- Experience with Azure cloud, especially Azure App Services, Azure SQL, Azure Frontdoor
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple development activities simultaneously
Desired (but not a must)
- Basic knowledge about .NET Core and ASP.NET Core
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Practical skills and knowledge about Terraform
- Familiarity with NewRelic monitoring tools
- Understanding of authentication and authorisation OpenID Connect / OAuth2 / SAML
- Finance sector experience
Building our client App Team!
The Client App team story started similarly too many other teams, during the beginnings of EQTek – with first people sitting in a temporary office, having just one contact person in the UK for help.
Everyone had great plans and were full of hope, wanting to “change the world”, and in big part, that was achieved. We had occasion to work on the recruitment interviews and take part in discussions about the office’s future.
The first application the Client App team started to work on was a task of rebuilding the core of Shareowner Online, a shareholder portal, used by more than 1 milion users with online access worldwide. On the technical side it is an application written in .NET Framework connected with React, which integrates heavily with Umbraco CMS. For many of us, this CMS was a new thing; looking from the longer perspective, we were able to get to know Umbraco pretty well. In the end, we took over the responsibilities of 5 existing teams in different physical locations to ownership of a single Client App team based in EQ Tek hub.
After first successes with the Shareowner Online team focused on the development of a different application from EQ US portfolio – Asset Reunification. It is an application based on a completely different tech profile – oriented to backend data processing. We can even call it ETL. Asset Reunification process files has more than 5 million records applying advanced logic in .NET Core and using advanced SQL Server functionalities like merge. Application is deployed in Docker containers which was another interesting technology to get to know. From May to October 2020 team delivered total of 440 items in 5 releases to Production, partnering closely with the end-user business team.
At the end of 2020 our team had the opportunity to deliver POC of application which was written in a complete new approach, with .NET 5, Azure Cloud with REST API, supported by Azure AD B2C.
The application was great in its role and thanks to that, 2021 was full of exciting changes in existing products.
Looking back, a lot changed since the early days of the Client App and would be amazing if you can join us in this journey:)